Fillers or Should I Try Ulthera/Exilis? (photos)

I'm 37 year old and I would to get a opinion on the best treatment for a more youthful face. I have heard great things about Ulthera and Exilis but would that work for me? What is my best option?

Fillers vs Ultherapy

Truthfully, this is not an easy answer as we need to know what really bothers you, and your expectations and goals. A good starting point is a conversation with a Specialist who performs all types of procedures, as he or she will guide you as to the correct treatment to give the end result. IMO you could do well with both. I personally would perform 1 ml of filler in key areas. This is a ' bang for buck ' treatment that will give you a refreshed look, certainly Ultherapy can help- video below explains how I used Ultherapy on myself to address my concerns. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Ultherapy for Aging Prevention and Maintenance

Ultherapy is a great option for patients in their 30s and 40s to help promote collagen and prevent skin laxity as they get older.  Ultherapy would be great for under your jawline and the sides of your lower face to keep the skin stimulated and tight.  I would try Ultherapy first and then a small amount of filler in the midface/ cheek area to soften the "malar groove" that can make patients look tired.  I also recommend starting a medical grade skin care regimen like Jan Marini or Obagi.  Great sun protection is also key to beautiful and healthy looking skin.

Laurie A. Casas, MD, FACS

Ultherapy and/or Fillers

Hi there, Many of our patients our doing Ultherapy in their mid to late 30's to get that deep collagen remodeling started, in hopes to prevent the more advanced laxity that starts later in life. This would help to define the jawline and neck, as well as the cheekbones. Filler helps to replace lost volume, which can start to become visible during this time. You look great, so its not necessary, however, when we fill the tear troughs (under eyes) and cheek areas, our patients always comment on how rested and lifted they look. I would suggest starting with the Ultherapy and see how your results progress over the next 6 months and then decide if you want more results with filler. Best, Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Great Age to Start

Many of our patients that benefit the most from Ultherapy are those in the 30-45 age range. Since you still have volume in your cheeks, the procedure works at the lowest level of your skin - the ‘uplifting ultrasound’ - within one treatment it triggers the body’s own regenerative process of building new collagen to lift and tighten the skin — gradually, naturally, and from the inside out.

Marguerite A. Germain, MD
Charleston Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy to Keep That Youthful Look

Because Ultherapy uses ultrasound to strengthen your own natural collagen that begins to wilt with normal aging (typically starting in your 30's), this treatment is an excellent way to lift and tighten your skin at any age. It will take some of the weight off your nasolabial folds and also can improve your jawline definition. By tightening your collagen, it will help minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles with a full face treatment. Ultherapy, along with good skin home care and regularly sun protection, you can preserve that youthful look. Please note that an Ultherapy boost will be needed 15-24 months after the initial treatment to stimulate your collagen and protect your investment.

Ultherapy

Ultherapy uses ultrasound energy to stimulate collagen production in the skin.  This collagen production allows for a lifting and tightening in the area of the face treated.  Based on your photos, it looks like you would be a good candidate for ultherapy to help with the slight amount of loose skin that you have in your lower face and under your chin.  You  should consult with a doctor that has experience with this procedure to determine if it is good for you.  Good luck