Fillers on nasolabial fold? How many CCs? How often?

I am 43 years old, due to Bells Palsy I have been left with noticeable asymmetry. My left nasolabial fold is quite prominent. I would like to explore the option of fillers to make things look more symmetric . What would be the most beneficial product to use , how much of the product ( cc's ) and how many times a year would I need to get the injections to maintain it ?????

Radiesse

Based on our photo, I would probably start with 1 syringe of Radiesse, calcium hydroxyl apetite.  It is placed just under the skin and may give you up to a year of augmentation.  You should be checked about 12 weeks out to see if you need more.  I have attached a link.

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasolabial fold issue

Usually a syringe or two of filler often does the trick. You would have to be seen in person to be properly assessed.  Good luck.

If your goal is only to soften the left nasolabial fold then 1-2 syringes of a dermal filler should be adequate. However, there is a lot of potential to place filler in other areas of the face to improve your symmetry. The extent of the treatment and the volume of filler will really depend upon exactly what you are trying to achieve. 

Fillers on nasolabial fold

There are several fillers on the market that can be used to inject the nasolabial folds.  Some of the more common ones are Restylane and Perlane.  It is difficult to say how much product you require without examining you in person.  An evaluation with a board certified plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, or dermatologist can help you to understand what your options are, what the differences between the various fillers are, and how much of a given product you might require.  The fillers last, on average, 6-12 months depending on the particular filler used.  Best wishes.  

Josef Hadeed, MD, FACS

Fillers for Nasolabial Folds in patient with Bell's Palsy

From the picture submitted it does not look like you need a lot of filler.  Based on the photo my best guess would be to start with one syringe (1cc) of a hyaluronic acid-based product like Juvederm Ultra or Restylane.  These products look very natural after injection and are very forgiving. Results from these products usually last 4-6 months on average.  Good luck.   

Jason R. Lupton, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon