Benelli incision healing; thoughts? (Photo)

I am 4 weeks post op and my tapes came off today. My LT nipple has a jagged edge and has raised skin coming up in some places around the incision. It's not the incision that's raised its the skin outside it. Like the areolar didn't cover the end of the cut skin. It's hard to explain and hard to see in the photo. My BF says maybe they can cut it off. Also there's a red bump that's painful to the touch outside the incision. Thoughts? Advise?

Benelli incision

The photo is very blurry and hard to see what you are talking about. It is still healing and likely swollen, you need to give it more time.

Post breast surgery

Thank you for your question and for your pictures. Your incision appears to be healing nicely. The jagged raised skin you mentioned is fairly common and typically flattens over several months. Best of luck.

Binelli incision

Thanks for the question and for the photo.  I know how the photos never show exactly whats going on.
It appears that you are healing normally from a Binelli mastopexy.  The pleated look of the incision is normal and it flattens over several months.  There are no signs of infection.  You may consider silicone products to aid in the healing process.  Check with your Plastic Surgeon.
Best of luck with your recovery.
Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Scar Care

Unfortunately it isn't a very clear photo to show detail. It does appear that you are healing normally. Incision can be expected to look a bit irregular, red, raised for some time. As your inflammation resolves you should expect the irregularities to fade along with the colour. I recommend that you talk with your Plastic Surgeon about scar treatments you can add to your care.
All the best

Incision healing looks good

I appreciate your photo and questions. Based on your photo you appear to be healing nicely and you should have a good result once your tissues have healed. To err on the side of safety, I suggest that you follow-up with your plastic surgeon to ensure that there is not sign of infection. Best of luck with your continued recovery,

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Benelli incision healing

Great question.  You may have some irritation of the skin around the incision.  Infection or irritation of the permanent suture used internally would be what should be avoided.  Because of that, seeing your plastic surgeon would be recommended.  The incision itself looks good and there is no overt signs of infection.  I suspect you plastic surgeon will recommend continuing conservative care and monitoring but he/she may also error on the safe side and place you on some antibiotics just in case.All the best,Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Incision after Benelli mastopexy

It is not uncommon, especially at four weeks, to have a pleated appearance of a Benelli type mastopexy scar. It may take several months for this to flatten out and this pleating to fade. I would recommend you follow up the wound care recommendations of your chosen plastic surgeon. Congratulations on your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation - am I healing well

Thank you for asking about your Benelli lift and breast augmentation.
You are still early in your healing. The redness and irregularity should fade as time goes by. The painful bump may be an internal suture - your surgeon will need to remove it if it comes to the surface before dissolving. Give yourself a full six months, sometimes longer, to see the final improvement. At that point, a minor office revision can be done - if needed.Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Healing incision

The incision appears to be healing as expected at four weeks.  The edges typically flatten out over time.  The painful spot may be a suture that is trying to work its way out.  You should follow-up with your surgeon to discuss your concerns.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Benelli incision healing; thoughts?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD