Burn marks post fraxel? (Photo)

I had fraxel yesterday morning and was left with this burn mark. I had asked the doc to be careful on the settings and still this happens! Is it normal? Will it subside? When and what can I do?

Burn After Fraxel

This is a burn likely from excessive heating in the area.  My suggestion is to use bioshield with aquaphor for 7-10 days.  Keep the area moist and sunprotected, it will heal fine.  The nose heals very well without scarring or pigment change the majority of the time.  I suggest seeing your physician if you are worried.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Burn marks after Fraxel

Yes, of course, this mark will subside.  Possibly it will be gone within a few days to a week.  I would not worry about this.  good luck!

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Melarase after Fraxel laser

In our office, we encourage patients to use Melarase creams before and after ablative lasers so that the risk of pigmentation on the skin is minimized. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Burn Marks Post Fraxel

This is a burn from most likely too much energy being delivered to that area of the skin. I would immediately suggest that you contact your physician and get in there to let him/her see this and to determine a proper treatment plan so that you avoid a scar in that area. There are some wound dressings that work well here and there are several creams that can be used to help heal the area faster than leaving it alone.

We recommend that all of these procedures be performed by a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon and that the post-operative care be meticulously spelled out and followed and if there are any concerns that the physician evaluate the patient and recommend the proper treatments to avoid later complications.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Burns after fraxel

I would definitely contact my doctor and see what they feel you should do. It is common to be red after fraxel, but you should not be burnt

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Burn after Fraxel on nose.

This is caused by bulk heating. Too much treatment in a small area without allowing the skin to cool between passes. I would put Biafene on it to help improve. Then scar recovery gel from Skinmedica when closed. I can't tell you how the ultimate result will end up but probably not too bad. The problem is more related to technique than settings because you only have a burn in one area. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Fraxel laser and marks

Fraxel laser is a fabulous laser for treating sun damage and acne scars.  If you are red the following morning and are concerned  I would contact my treating physician.  Redness for the first two days is expected but if you are concerned that you are burnt I would return immediately for a consultation.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with Fraxel and lasers for the best cosmetic results.