Is it safe to whiten all my teeth, even the fake ones?

I have three fake teeth in the front of my mouth (on the top). I am looking to whiten my natural teeth around it like my k-9's and others, is it safe to use whitening strips on all my teeth or do I have to avoid my fake teeth? I just want to be sure the whitening won't harm them.

Whitening

You can certainly whiten your teeth without worrying about damage to the "fake" teeth. Whether, made of porcelain, composite, or plastic the whitening chemistry should not hurt the material--it will not whiten it either.

Good luck 

Let's Talk Teeth

Dear mbeatty14,

Thank you for posting your question on RealSelf.  I will do my best to answer your question with the information provided.

Whitening the veneers with not harm them.  Actually, the problem with whitening is if the teeth match your veneers as they are now they won't match after the whitening.  I would address your whitening options with your dentist in order to ensure that you will receive your desired results.

I hope that this helps and good luck.

Dr. Jenn