Putting ice pack after breast reduction to help with swelling?

I read somewhere to put an ice pack after a breast reduction can help with the swelling. my question is where and how?

Always best to check with your own plastic surgeon who may have his/her own thoughts about specific postoperative care and who is ultimately responsible for your care. If you do decide to use ice, do not use it directly on your breast skin, which may be numb. Doing so may result in injury.

Best wishes; hopefully, you will be very pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.

Ice and BA

I generally don't recommend ice for breast patients as the implant is so far from the skin surface it does little good nor is it helpful after the point of maximum swelling, after the first 3 days.

Discuss this with your surgeon and follow his directions!

#iceaftersurgery
#breastaugmentation
#BA

Ice pack for breast reduction

Ice may help with early swelling but should be used cautiously so that they do not cause a frost bite.