Has BodyTite Proven to Be Safe and Effective So Far?

BodyTite seems relatively new and uncommon. I'm considering having this procedure done (maybe even along with FaceTite) because it's billed to be "minimally invasive" with less downtime than lipo. I'm wondering if there is any info or opinion out there about this procedure's safety and effectiveness. Also, is there any info/opionion on the longer-term effects--is it as permanent as lipo, is anything weird likely to happen to the area where the RFAL was deeply applied, any hardening/bumps? Thanks

Tremendous results with BodyTite and FaceTite

Thank you for the questions.  They are all excellent!  We have enjoyed the use of FaceTite and BodyTite in our practice since it was FDA approved here just over two months ago.  The technology is impressive.  Past radiofrequency devices used on the skin surface simply did not have the penetrance to do enough (esp in one session).  I have used essentially all available offerings over the years to improve liposuction results and this technology certainly seems to have the most promise and the early results have been fantastic for us.  I love the safety built into the devices as you can see the energy applied to the tissue and have a continuous read on the skin temperature the entire time.  That is not only good for safety but also great to ensure that you are delivering enough energy to the tissue to get a result.  Any bumps or areas of redness should be short lived if present at all.  As far as long term results, the skin should change permanently, but of course, ongoing stresses to our skin will persist (such as sun and environmental exposures, smoking, aging, weight changes).  But, we feel this will do an excellent job of setting the clock back and providing the best new start for your skin moving forward.  I hope you find the result you are seeking!

BodyTite is another new technology that may or may not stand the test of time.

BodyTite/Invasix combines liposuction with the delivery of heat in an attempt to achieve more tightening than what is achieved with liposuction alone. It is not meant to take the place of surgery but rather in selected patients may offer an alternative with different expected outcomes and risks. I personally do not offer this procedure but have followed the device evolution and reviewed the extensive literature.  Although the technology is still evolving, the procedure is considered safe despite some of the comments presented. The question remains about whether this unique method of delivering radiofrequency (RF) energy (which results in measured heat delivery to the tissues) will actually produce consistent and predicable tightening of a degree that is clinically worthwhile.

The concept of stimulating contraction of the skin and connective tissue support using heat is not new. This is employed in a number of other well established and safe procedures such as Thermage, SmartLipo and Titan to name just a few. However, for all of these technologies, predicable skin tightening has been elusive. Surgery is still the most effective strategy for skin laxity but other options do exist. Only time and experience will determine whether BodyTite or similar technologies become more widely available. If you know the risk and limitations of each option, you can make an informed decision. If you are not being giving this information then look for another Plastic Surgeon with experience in these technologies as well as surgery.

Dr. Mosher

Mathew C. Mosher, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Is it the Technology or the Surgeon that counts in Liposuction.

Search for the surgeon and not the technology. A great surgeon can get a result with any system  Beware of these high tech marketing claims.  This is in reality just liposuction.   Liposuction = vaser=smart lipo= bodytite etc......All the same.   I have used many systems.  I can get a great result with the vVaser and I can get a great result without the Vaser.  Do not be lured by technology marketing claims.  The results are basically the same regardless or the technology.   LIPOSUCTION IS PLIPOSUCTION.   ITS THE SURGEON THAT COUNTS. NOT THE TECHNOLOGY.   Search for a surgeon cert. by the ABPS and who is a fellow....FACS........and a real trained experiences surgeon.  Be a smart consumer.    Good shoping and good luck.

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

BodyTite

Bravo to Dr. Kasden!

You can safely ignore just about everything 'new and exciting' in aesthetic medicine and surgery.

Virtually all of these 'innovations' are gone within a couple of years, leaving disappointed patients and unhappy medical practitioners trying to unload leases on expensive devices.

It generally takes a few years before we know whether something works, or is even safe.

In the meantime save your money - or see a savvy plastic surgeon for something real.

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Body tite and tightening lasers

There are several skin tightening lasers on the market and they can tighten the skin a bit ( say 20-30%) but in no way do they achive the results of liposcution if you have fat or a tummy tuck is you have really loose skin.

I'm sure it is safe but as for results very unpredictable. Here on REALSELF there is a 65% approval rating so that gives some level of acceptance. Be careful out there. DR. Darryl J. Blinski 

Bodytite Results

Hi There 

We have performed thousands of Bodytite treatments over the last 7 years.

Please check our pictures, many patients have come over from the USA.

We have 7 years follow up on many hundreds of patients with no adverse long term issues.

Yes it works but it is complicated and difficult to get a good result but easy to get wrong. I have trained many many plastic surgeons and unfortunately have not felt able to sign off some of the certificates because I was unhappy with the quality of their work.

Good luck 

Kind Regards 

Dr Dinesh Maini 

Zenith Cosmetic Clinics 

Dinesh Maini, MBChB
London Physician

BodyTite, a safe and effective skin tightening procedure, in experienced hands.

Hi and thanks for the question.

BodyTite produces excellent soft-tissue tightening and is used in combination with liposuction routinely.  In our practice, it is really a bridge procedure for people that are either not ready or are not candidates for more invasive procedures such as abdominoplasties and brachioplasties.  It also serves to tighten skin which were previously difficult to manage. Such areas would include saggy skin above the knees and " bra fat " skin. Nodules are common with this procedure. These typically reside over the course of days to weeks. I have yet to see any permanent soft-tissue deformities as a consequence of BodyTite. Having said that, over-treatment of any given area could certainly results in thermal burns, nerve damage, and other risks.  Finding an experienced surgeon with BodyTite will be your best bet to assure a high likelihood of a good result.

Warmest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

BodyTite Save and Effective So Far

Our patients who fear invasive surgery, scarring, and long down time, typically opt for BodyTite to determine if the improvements are satisfactory enough to circumvent extensive excisional surgical procedures. BodyTite has durable long-term results and is safe with respect to risk of burns and temperature sensing.

Kenneth B. Hughes, MD, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Body tite, smartlipo, conventional liposuction

Does laser-assisted or radiofrequency-assisted liopsuction work better than conventional liposuciton??? this would be a great study! Do one side with conventional and the other with one of these laser or radiofrequency-assisted devices. new devices may or may not prove to be beneficial. i am not aware of bad, nor great results from the use of Body Tite.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon