Has BodyTite Proven to Be Safe and Effective So Far?

BodyTite seems relatively new and uncommon. I'm considering having this procedure done (maybe even along with FaceTite) because it's billed to be "minimally invasive" with less downtime than lipo. I'm wondering if there is any info or opinion out there about this procedure's safety and effectiveness. Also, is there any info/opionion on the longer-term effects--is it as permanent as lipo, is anything weird likely to happen to the area where the RFAL was deeply applied, any hardening/bumps? Thanks

Tremendous results with BodyTite and FaceTite

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for the questions.  They are all excellent!  We have enjoyed the use of FaceTite and BodyTite in our practice since it was FDA approved here just over two months ago.  The technology is impressive.  Past radiofrequency devices used on the skin surface simply did not have the penetrance to do enough (esp in one session).  I have used essentially all available offerings over the years to improve liposuction results and this technology certainly seems to have the most promise and the early results have been fantastic for us.  I love the safety built into the devices as you can see the energy applied to the tissue and have a continuous read on the skin temperature the entire time.  That is not only good for safety but also great to ensure that you are delivering enough energy to the tissue to get a result.  Any bumps or areas of redness should be short lived if present at all.  As far as long term results, the skin should change permanently, but of course, ongoing stresses to our skin will persist (such as sun and environmental exposures, smoking, aging, weight changes).  But, we feel this will do an excellent job of setting the clock back and providing the best new start for your skin moving forward.  I hope you find the result you are seeking!

Is it the Technology or the Surgeon that counts in Liposuction.

Search for the surgeon and not the technology. A great surgeon can get a result with any system  Beware of these high tech marketing claims.  This is in reality just liposuction.   Liposuction = vaser=smart lipo= bodytite etc......All the same.   I have used many systems.  I can get a great result with the vVaser and I can get a great result without the Vaser.  Do not be lured by technology marketing claims.  The results are basically the same regardless or the technology.   LIPOSUCTION IS PLIPOSUCTION.   ITS THE SURGEON THAT COUNTS. NOT THE TECHNOLOGY.   Search for a surgeon cert. by the ABPS and who is a fellow....FACS........and a real trained experiences surgeon.  Be a smart consumer.    Good shoping and good luck.

BodyTite is another new technology that may or may not stand the test of time.

BodyTite/Invasix combines liposuction with the delivery of heat in an attempt to achieve more tightening than what is achieved with liposuction alone. It is not meant to take the place of surgery but rather in selected patients may offer an alternative with different expected outcomes and risks. I personally do not offer this procedure but have followed the device evolution and reviewed the extensive literature.  Although the technology is still evolving, the procedure is considered safe despite some of the comments presented. The question remains about whether this unique method of delivering radiofrequency (RF) energy (which results in measured heat delivery to the tissues) will actually produce consistent and predicable tightening of a degree that is clinically worthwhile.

The concept of stimulating contraction of the skin and connective tissue support using heat is not new. This is employed in a number of other well established and safe procedures such as Thermage, SmartLipo and Titan to name just a few. However, for all of these technologies, predicable skin tightening has been elusive. Surgery is still the most effective strategy for skin laxity but other options do exist. Only time and experience will determine whether BodyTite or similar technologies become more widely available. If you know the risk and limitations of each option, you can make an informed decision. If you are not being giving this information then look for another Plastic Surgeon with experience in these technologies as well as surgery.

Dr. Mosher

Mathew C. Mosher, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Bodytite the new Lipo

Bodytite is a new technique using what looks like a Liposuction cannula to apply radiofrequency energy to heat soft tissue, melt fat and tighten the skin and subcutaneous tissue.   It is followed usually by a simpler liposuction to remove some of the extra fat.  This is a very safe and efficient way to get better results than regular liposuction with less bruising and more skin tightening and soft tissue shrinkage.

I have found this to be a useful adjunct in areas which need liposuction where skin laxity is an issue.....meaning I would have to restrict and limit my regular liposuction because I would be worried about skin laxity....with the Bodytite I can be more aggressive with the liposuction because I have heated the inside to cause extra shrinkage.  In my practice (over 8,000 areas of liposuction) I use it for abdomens, upper arms, secondary liposuctions, gynecomastia, and any patient whose skin seems lax.

The areas treated look better sooner with less bruising but feel firmer longer as internal healing takes more time than with routine liposuction.  The surgeon needs experience with this new technique as with most new machines.

Thomas W. Loeb, MD

BodyTite

Bravo to Dr. Kasden!

You can safely ignore just about everything 'new and exciting' in aesthetic medicine and surgery.

Virtually all of these 'innovations' are gone within a couple of years, leaving disappointed patients and unhappy medical practitioners trying to unload leases on expensive devices.

It generally takes a few years before we know whether something works, or is even safe.

In the meantime save your money - or see a savvy plastic surgeon for something real.

Body tite and tightening lasers

There are several skin tightening lasers on the market and they can tighten the skin a bit ( say 20-30%) but in no way do they achive the results of liposcution if you have fat or a tummy tuck is you have really loose skin.

I'm sure it is safe but as for results very unpredictable. Here on REALSELF there is a 65% approval rating so that gives some level of acceptance. Be careful out there. DR. Darryl J. Blinski 

Body Tite- ???

I must claim ignorance on this one, so I am not one to give advice on the procedure specifically.

I will share with you my experience as a solo practioner since 1993.

New things come along all the time.  I personally like to wait about 3 years or so before I adopt them, because we need time to assess the procedure.  Frequently, the complications, indications, patient selection, and longevity of the procedure becomes known later.  Why be a guinea pig?

sek

Is BodyTite Safe and Effective?

Thanks for your question about the BodyTite and FaceTIte.  I think you can rest assured based on the multiple published studies that the technology is effective.  Both use Radio Frequency Assisted Liposuction (RFAL) which has been proven effective at reducing fat and shrinking the overlying skin.  As far as safety goes, you will want to make sure that you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with experience in liposuction.  There are several safety checks built into the system, but there is always a risk of some hardening or burns.  Surgeons with experience can help minimize these should they occur.

Suresh Koneru, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

BodyTite

BodyTite is FDA approved, meaning it has been shown to be effective and safe through various research results. The bumps and overall changes of skin appearance is likely to occur right after the procedure, similar to liposuction.

My best advice is to research a board certified surgeon that has experience with using BodyTite and is able to show you their patients before and after photos.

Vu Ho, MD
Plano Facial Plastic Surgeon