1 month post-op. When can I get my nipples re pierced after Breast Augmentation?

It has been one month since my breast augmentation and unfortunately my nipple piercings closed because I took them out for surgery.

1 month post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

I recommend you to talk with your plastic surgeon and follow his advices because every surgeon has its own protocols. 

Kind regards 

Congratulations on having undergone breast augmentation.  Your plastic surgeon will guide you when it comes to timing to proceed with nipple piercing;  in my practice, I would likely ask that you wait about 3-6 months. Make sure that whoever is doing this procedure for you is reputable and utilizes sterile technique. Best wishes for an outcome you will be very pleased with

Breast augmentation

I would tend to leave things for a few months in to give you more time to consider this. Hopefully you will be happy with your appearance and you may not wish to pierce again. 

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

After breast augmentation: When can I get my nipples repierced?

I advise my patients who have incisions in the crease under their breasts that it is OK to have nipple piercing six weeks after surgery. This is to allow for basic healing to occur from their surgery. It's always best to check with your surgeon on their protocol regarding this. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths." 

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Nipple piercing after a breast augmentation

As mentioned, I would re-evaluate your desire to have your nipples pierced with your new, beautiful breasts. Although you may remove the piercing anytime, you may consider if you will still desire that appearance in later years.  The infection potential exists - especially in the first few months.  If you decide to re-pierce, make sure that the piercing provider does a thorough antiseptic prep for the breast area and the piercing object.  

Bradley Remington, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Nipple piercing after BA

In my opinion, I wouldn’t recommend getting them re-pierced. Even though it is low risk, there is still potential for complications and infection to occur. You really should try to reduce your risk of infection in the breast area as it can cause complications with your breast implants. Ultimately, the decision is yours and if you 100% want to get them done I would wait at least 6 weeks but remember when making the decision that even though it is a low risk procedure, there is still a chance of complications arising. I hope this helps.
Good luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon