Are my breasts at risk of drooping with/without implants? What's the best breast augmentation option for me? (photo)

Does the type/ position of the implant and place of incision affect the chances of droopiness?

Breast Sagging Not an Issue for You

Many of the women I see at my practice are concerned about their breasts sagging after getting breast implants. In many cases, combining a breast lift with augmentation is necessary to produce optimal results. That doesn't appear to be the case for you. Based on your photos, you appear to be an excellent breast augmentation candidate. The type of implant, its position, and the incision location don't really play a role in whether your breasts will begin sagging. The size of the implant, however, is something to consider. When there is more volume in the breasts, there is more weight pushing the breasts down. It's not something to worry about in the near future, but over time, larger breasts start to sag earlier than smaller breasts.

Breast augmentation

You are an excellent candidate for breast augmentation with a variety of techniques.  The only thing I would warn you about is not to go too large because that could create sagging over the long term.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Are my breasts at risk of drooping with/without implants? What's the best breast augmentation option for me?

Most breasts will droop over time- some more or less. Actually augmentated breasts, because they are a bit heavier after augmentation. Either above or below the muscle will work fine - not large implants.

Fred Suess, MD

Droopiness to the breasts

Thank you for the photos.  The things that lead to breast droopiness are mainly weight gain and breast feeding, especially for an extended period of time.  No one will be able to predicate the future for you.  But it is possible you will get very little droopiness while aging.  With regards to your implant selection, someone in my practice that has similar breasts would get a high profile silicone implant under the muscle, which I believe will give you great results.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question and for sharing appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a breast augmentation. You do not show signs of drooping, and if you choose an implant that is anatomically appropriate for your anatomy, you should not run into problems for many years. Obviously age or pregnancies affect breasts, but implants won't have a huge effect on that. Make sure you're working with a board certified plastic surgeon. Breast of luck! 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Breast droopiness

Thank you for your question.  You do not have droopiness now and will not have it after a breast augmentation.  An extremely large implant may cause pseudoptosis (bottoming out) over time.  I suggest a consultation with one or more board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options.  Best wishes!

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well, the position does affect, when the implant is behind the muscle it has less possibility to go down with breast, and if it is sub facial if the patients skin elastic it can fall. Without implants there will always be a natural fall.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Does implant location affect risk of droopiness?

The size of the implant has the largest impact on droopiness - just like natural breasts, a larger implant will drop faster with time. I hope this helps.

Post Op Sagging Concern

Thank you for your question. Unless you select very large implants, excessive drooping shouldn't be much of a concern. Everyone's tissue is different and I recommend consistent, supportive bra wear for all my BA patients.

All the best

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your photos. You are an excellent candidate to have a breast augmentation without a lift. As people age or have weight changes, the breasts can show sings of drooping. The type of implant or incision should not affect your chances of droopiness beyond your genetics and lifestyle. Larger or heavier implants or breasts may cause skin to stretch faster if not supported by a bra. Implant position will be determined on your chest anatomy as well as the thickness of your breast tissue. It is best to have an in-person evaluation to determine the best type of breast augmentation to have. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician