How long do I have to wait after having Coolsculpting before I can get liposuction or a noninvasive alternative like Vanquish?

In my efforts to avoid surgery, I had Coolsculpting done on my lower abdomen several days ago. However, the procedure was very painful and for the level of discomfort and swelling I have experienced from something noninvasive, I feel I might as well have committed to getting liposuction.

Coolsculpting before liposuction

I am sorry that you had pain prior to the treatment. It is unusual but documented to have significant discomfort post treatment. I would recommend that you wait 12 to 16 months post treatment before you have an invasive procedure. At that time, consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who has both surgical and nonsurgical options so you understand the best possible treatment for you.  

Cool Sculpting

You should not have had the pain after the procedure you are describing.  This technology works wonderfully when the applicator choice is made appropriately.  This seems to be most frequently encounter in the lower abdomen with the cool max applicator.  Some patients benefit from the place meant of two smaller applicators.  At "The Upper Room" is Austin we have two Cool Sculpting machines to offer simultaneous treatments to save you time!

Coolsculpting and Liposuction

Coolsculpting is a fabulous non-invasive fat loss tool.  It should not have been such a painful procedure.  I would definitely wait the full four months before having any other invasive procedure.  It takes at least 4 months to see the full effect of cool sculpting.

How long to wait after CoolSculpting before having liposuction or a noninvasive alternative?

There should not be any harm in having liposuction or a noninvasive alternative of fat reduction after having had a CoolSculpting treatment.  I would recommend waiting at least 4 months after the CoolSculpting treatment just so you can see the full results before trying another type of treatment.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon