Will Cool Sculpting on my abdomen affect my future pregnancy?

I'm 26 year old and will intend to get pregnant when I'm 29-30 years old. I'll like to factor in multicultural considerations - a lot of the people and doctors here are Western which are fantastic as they are forthcoming. Doctors from Asia please comment! Thanks!

CoolSculpting and Pregnancy

There is absolutely no reason why CoolSculpting should affect a future pregnancy. The area affected by the treatment is the subcutaneous fat. This fat is outside your abdominal muscles, peritoneal cavity and uterus.  The cold that occurs in the fat does not go anywhere near the depth of your internal organs.

In fact, we have treated our staff many times, and one has just delivered a beautiful and healthy baby!

CoolSculpting and future pregnancy

CoolSculpting in no way impacts your future ability to have children. As an Asian physician who performed CoolSculpting, I find that Asian patients respond particularly well to its fat reduction effects.

Deborah Pan, MD
New Haven Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting induces programmed cell death by in fat cells by a freezing process. The loss of fat in your abdomen should have no effect on your fertility or ability to carry a fetus. Many of my patients are Asian and I am Korean American. I have found that my Asian patients respond very well to coolsculpting.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting and Future Pregnancy

According to CoolSculpting by Zeltiq, there is no effect on anything other than the fat cells underneath the skin. We have seen amazing results with CoolSculpting and have treated many  young women who are looking forward to getting pregnant in the future.
Good luck with your future pregnany.

Peter D. Geldner, MD

Cool Sculpting and future pregnancy

Coolsculpting will not affect future pregnancy. To determine if coolsculpting is the best option for you, consult in person with a board certified physician who can offer surgical and nonsurgical options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting and Future Pregnancy

CoolSculpting is a fabulous procedure and should have no effect on fertility.  Everyone who has a bulge to "freeze" is a good candidate.  I have patients of all ages and all backgrounds and they universally have had great results.  Please find a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with CoolSculpting for the best results.

There is no reason that CoolSculpting should affect any future pregnancies you might have. Many women have had CoolSculpting with wonderful results and healthy pregnancies.