Incisions at 9 weeks post-op BA; are the scars supposed to look like this? (Photos)

I had my breast augmentation 9 weeks ago today and i was just wondering if this is what scars are supposed to look like this far down the line and if it's too soon to start using bio oil on them

Incisions at 9 weeks post-op BA; are the scars supposed to look like this?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well, your scars look normal, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Breast enlargment scars

Your scars are settling normally as they should. They are also nicely placed in your infra mammary fold. They will continue to be pink for some time. As the scar matures, the pink colour will fade out of them and they will appear to be paler. It can take almost a year for the scars to fully mature. You should be massaging your scars and you certainly can used Bio oil on them. 

Breast Augmentation Scars

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent procedure! Given the images, you look to be healing quick nicely. Scars take up to a year to fully mature however it's also never too early to discuss a scar management plan. Best of luck and congratulations again!

Breast Augmentation - Scar Care

Thank you for your question. I instruct all of my patients to perform daily scar massage and apply a silicone based scar ointment or tape to their incisions. Biocorneum makes an excellent product. Your incisions appear to be healing well. Please ask your board certified plastic surgeon for specific instructions regarding his or her scar management protocol. Hope this helps.

Breast Augmentataion Scars

Thank you for your question.  At just 9 weeks post op your scars look to be healing just fine.  I would suggest silicone tape or silicone scar gel at this point to help the recovery process.  They will fade in time but it does take several months and up to a year for scars to fade.

Dr. Hisham Seify

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Post Breast Augmentation Scars

Your scars are healing naturally. Color and flatness looks normal. Using a silicone sheeting or silicone scar treatment product can help move things along and ensure a beautiful outcome. Best of luck!

Gilbert Lee, MD

Scars at 9 Weeks

Your scars appear a purple/red colour which is common at 9 weeks. If they are not sore/raised then they will likely continue to lighten up and become less visible over time. Talk with your Plastic Surgeon about scar gel application or other recommendations they may have.

All the best

Scars on breasts

Your scars are red and slightly hypertrophic.   Your best treatment is silicone paste or laser treatments or both.  In the long run you will be fine.    My  Best,  Dr Commons

Surgical scars

Thank you for your question.  There are lots of factors that come into play when it comes to how incisions heal. Some of these factors include your own genetics, the surgical technique, smoking or if there has been an infection.  It is important to understand that it may take 9 to 12 months for an incision to fully mature and heal.   In the early weeks after surgery the incision can look worse before gets better. This is not unusual.  Some patient's incisions can get thickened or what we call hypertrophic while other patient's incisions can form keloids.  Keloids are very thickened scars.  Early on incisions can look quite pink.  This usually fades with time.  Your incisions do not look unusual for the period of time in healing.   Silicone-based products are usually best in terms of helping incisions look more aesthetically pleasing.  However just giving them time can have the same effect.

Gerald L. Yospur, MD
Mesa Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your questions.  It is common for healing scars to take a year to completely mature and fade down.  Silicone based scar preparations can be very helpful in minimizing the scar and are usually fine to start using now, but be sure to go with the advice and instruction of your Plastic Surgeon before proceeding.  Be sure to be checking in with your doctor to have your progress and healing tracked for the best outcome.

Best of Luck,

Dr. K.

Julie Khanna, MD FRCSC
Ontario Plastic Surgeon