Liquid facelift and workout?

Hi, I am wondering how long one should wait after a liquid facelift to workout-Pretty intense cross fit type workout. Thank you!

Liquid facelift and workout?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your liquid facelift.  Both Botox and dermal fillers are stable within a few hours of injection so I tell my patients to avoid vigorous activity the day of the injections but that they can return to their normal activities the next day.  Vigorous exercise on the same day would cause your injection sites to swell, turn red, and appear irritated.  It can also increase the risk of bruising developing.  Hope this helps.

Exercise after Liquid Facelift

A Liquid Facelift is a great way to rejuvenate the facial appearance in patients who are opposed to surgery or who require minimal down time.  Following the injections, patients typically experience minimal if any bruising, and they can return to their regular activities the same day as the procedure.  With regard to exercise it is advised to wait 24 hours to minimize the potential of bruising. 

Sean R. Weiss, MD, FACS
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Short rest

Best to do the liquid facelift in the afternoon after your morning workout.  Then skip the next day, and go back to resuming your workouts the day after that.
Dr. Denkler

Liquid Facelift

Thank you for your question in regards to a liquid face lift. It is recommended to avoid strenuous activities and intense workouts for 24 hours after injections. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Liquid Facelift

Filler placement should not shift unless aggressively massaged.  Exercise where your head is below the level of your heart will increase swelling and bruising.  

John L. Burns Jr., MD

Liquid FaceLift and Workout

Thank you for your question. Typically I recommend most patients to stay away from strenuous activity like working out for at least 24 hours. For more information I recommend getting a in person consultation from a board certified dermatologist.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

L

I usually tell my patients to avoid exercise for the first 24 hours after the procedure.  Good luck!

Jennifer Trent, MD, FAAD
Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Exercise after Liquid Facelift

Great question and a common one! After Botox and/or dermal fillers I recommend patients refraining from strenuous exercise for about 12 hours (aka until the next day). Both Botox and fillers settle and stabilize after a few hours so by the following day after injections, patients can safely return to his/her normal activity. The reason I ask patients to wait is that increased blood flow to the area can increase the swelling and bruising possibilities in the treated areas. Best of luck!

Lesley Rabach, MD

Liquid Facelift Recovery

A liquid facelift is performed using fillers and Botox in order to help give a more youthful appearance non-surgically.  Depending on the amount of filler used and the location, we recommend to generally avoid working out for 6 hours up until a day later. Bruising is possible but uncommon. However, rigorous activity too soon can lead to increased swelling or possible bruising. 

Jacob D. Steiger, MD
Boca Raton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liquid facelift and workout

In most cases, a patient can return to their normal workout schedule the day after treatment. Consult with your injector as he or she knows the scope of the treatment and the specifics about you. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS