Liquid facelift and workout?

Hi, I am wondering how long one should wait after a liquid facelift to workout-Pretty intense cross fit type workout. Thank you!

Liquid facelift and workout?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your liquid facelift.  Both Botox and dermal fillers are stable within a few hours of injection so I tell my patients to avoid vigorous activity the day of the injections but that they can return to their normal activities the next day.  Vigorous exercise on the same day would cause your injection sites to swell, turn red, and appear irritated.  It can also increase the risk of bruising developing.  Hope this helps.

Liquid facelift and workout?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Exercise after Liquid Facelift

A Liquid Facelift is a great way to rejuvenate the facial appearance in patients who are opposed to surgery or who require minimal down time.  Following the injections, patients typically experience minimal if any bruising, and they can return to their regular activities the same day as the procedure.  With regard to exercise it is advised to wait 24 hours to minimize the potential of bruising. 

Sean R. Weiss, MD, FACS
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Exercise after Liquid Facelift

Sean R. Weiss, MD, FACS
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Short rest

Best to do the liquid facelift in the afternoon after your morning workout.  Then skip the next day, and go back to resuming your workouts the day after that.
Dr. Denkler

Short rest

Dr. Denkler

Liquid Facelift

Thank you for your question in regards to a liquid face lift. It is recommended to avoid strenuous activities and intense workouts for 24 hours after injections. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

Liquid Facelift

Liquid Facelift

Filler placement should not shift unless aggressively massaged.  Exercise where your head is below the level of your heart will increase swelling and bruising.  

Liquid Facelift

Post Fillers

Thank you for your question. It is advised to refrain from exercise for 24 hours after injections. It can increase bruising, swelling, and possibly move some fillers around. If you feel you are bruised or swollen you should avoid exercise until these side effects subside. Good luck!

Post Fillers

Liquid facelift and workout?

Thank you for this important question. Working out and liquid facelift are ideal mix for someone who is healthy and wishes to look young! Congratulations. I suggest to may patients 48 to 72 hours of relaxation after a liquid facelift before vigorous. I recommend this to reduce the risks of increased bruising and swelling. 

Best wishes, Dr. ALDO

Liquid facelift and workout?

Best wishes, Dr. ALDO

Liquid FaceLift and Workout

Thank you for your question. Typically I recommend most patients to stay away from strenuous activity like working out for at least 24 hours. For more information I recommend getting a in person consultation from a board certified dermatologist.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Liquid FaceLift and Workout

Bruce E. Katz, MD

L

I usually tell my patients to avoid exercise for the first 24 hours after the procedure.  Good luck!

L

Exercise after Liquid Facelift

Great question and a common one! After Botox and/or dermal fillers I recommend patients refraining from strenuous exercise for about 12 hours (aka until the next day). Both Botox and fillers settle and stabilize after a few hours so by the following day after injections, patients can safely return to his/her normal activity. The reason I ask patients to wait is that increased blood flow to the area can increase the swelling and bruising possibilities in the treated areas. Best of luck!

Lesley Rabach, MD

Exercise after Liquid Facelift

Lesley Rabach, MD