Why does the left side of my face look a lot worse than my right side? How can I fix this? (photos)

It is really evident that the right side of my face is a lot prettier than my left side. I think it's from my nose and my chin but I can't see why there is such a contrast. Can someone tell me how I can fix this imbalance and make my face more symmetrical? I'm getting fillers under my eyes, on my nose, and chin. Will this help or make my left side look worse cause it'll make everything look bigger?

Asymmetry is normal

You are beautiful, stop obsessing, and don't waste your money.  I say this as a second generation plastic surgeon in practice for 18 years AND as the mother of 3 girls.  Jane

Asymmetry is normal

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Why does the left side of my face look a lot worse than my right side? How can I fix this?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your pictures.  Everyone person has asymmetries between the right and left sides of their face and body.  Your photographs do not demonstrate any that require treatment at this time, and you would best be served by starting a good skin care regimen to maintain your skin indefinitely.  Check out my blog site below for useful tips. 

Liquid Face Lift and Asymmetry

Everyone's face is a bit asymmetric but you are young and beautiful and do not need to have any treatments done at this time.  Just stay out of the sun and use sunblock and get facials to keep your skin healthy.  Best, Dr. Green

Liquid Face Lift and Asymmetry

Normal

All faces are different when you compare the right and left sides.  The cheeks, jaw, nose and lids are not symmetrical.  Additionally, when one smiles the muscles pull differently on both sides.  The  an attractive face is one that has features that blend well together.  Starting out at a youthful age to have fillers is not advisable.

Normal

Facial asymmetry

Every face has some element of asymmetry. The good news is that there are many treatment options out there to address this. Facial fillers can balance out asymmetries in the face instantly, creating more harmony amongst all the facial features. Results can last up to a year and are quite easy to repeat. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial asymmetry

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liquid Facelift

Thank you for your question in regards to a liquid face lift. Every person has asymmetry to them. Fillers do not seem to be needed at this time. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

Liquid Facelift

Liquid facelift

I think you have a great facial shape. And everyone is asymmetric! What I would suggest is finding a board-certified plastic surgeon who has a Vectra imaging system. This could show you the exact asymmetries of your face and on 3-D modeling can show you what you would look like by changing those asymmetries. I think this would be a good exercise for you!

good luck!

Liquid facelift

good luck!

Facial Asymmetry

Everyone has an asymmetrical face; no one has a perfectly balanced face. It is possible to achieve symmetry (to a degree) with facial fillers and "play" with volume in some strategic places. Always be certain to choose a skillful healthcare provider to do those procedures. With that said, you are a beautiful young lady. Keeping up with a healthy lifestyle and wearing sunscreen everyday will be your best anti-aging guns.

Facial Asymmetry

Asymmetry

You look great and everyone has some asymmetry to their face. Both sides of your face are not twins but sisters and it is normal to have differences on both sides of the face. Your best treatment would be a preventative skin regimine. I recommend  a healthy lifestyle: a diet high in fruits, vegetables, nuts, legumes and fish; eight to ten hours of sleep nightly; limiting alcohol intake other than the occasional glass of red wine; and regular exercise. An important step for all skin types is sun protection including the use of daily sunscreen, sun hats and sunglasses, all of which help prevent aging and sunburns. When it comes to rejuvenating and prevention treatments, a combination of treatments are available including cosmeceuticals (skin care products including ZO® Skin Health or ZO® Medical, Skinceuticals® or Glo-Minerals®), neurotoxins (Botox®, Xeomin®), dermal fillers (Restylane®, Juvederm®, Esthelis®, Belotero®, Emervel®, Radiesse®), and skin resurfacing procedures. These are advanced techniques so be sure to get an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon consultation for recommendations and treatment options.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

Asymmetry

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

First, you should know you are very pretty and the symmetry issues you are concerned about are minor.  No one's face is perfectly symmetrical - ever the most beautiful models have some asymmetry.  That said, injectable fillers would be a reasonable treatment in your case.  Options such as Voluma or Juvederm could be considered to even out these small asymmetries.  Best wishes, Dr.Lepore.