How much do my implants weigh?

I got 650 cc saline in Mentor smooth round high profile 560cc implants under the muscle. I am just very curious about it. Also is it common for wemon to gain an extra 15 after her surgery. i know my implants dont weigh that much... LOL

Weight of saline breast implants

The total weight of your implants is about 2 and 2/3 of a pound. It is not common for a woman to gain 15 pounds right after her surgery. You should mention this to your surgeon so that you can be further evaluated for the reason for this excessive gain. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

How much do my implants weigh?

Your implants will weight about 3 lbs in total between the saline and the shell. It's common to put on a fair bit of weight in addition to that from swelling and overall water retention post-surgery. A lot of that will also be the IV fluids given during surgery. Don't worry, you will lose the excess water within a few weeks. Hope that helps! 

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Weight of implants

This is a common question. Certainly you would not gain 15 pounds from the addition of just the weight of the implants. It is common to have increased fluid retention and swelling and edema after surgery and anesthesia which will resolve. Your implants are 650 mL and at 1.04 g per cc this would come out to 676 g. The shell on the saline implant weighs about 20 g. So each implant is about 696 g, making the total of the two implants 3.06 pounds.

Christopher Park, MD
Mobile Plastic Surgeon