How many CoolSculpting applicators should be used on the upper arm?

I've had 2 consults with people who have been through the Coolsculpting school. One told me 2 separate applicators because 1 will not fit the full length of the arm & she wouldn't want to leave me with a fat elbow. The other told me she would use 1 applicator per arm. She stated she could not go to the elbow because it could cause problems with a nerve in my arm.

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to tell without a photo. I would recommend one applicator per arm. Perhaps a third opinion may help clear the confusion. An in-person assessment is always best. 

Upper Arm Coolsculpting Treatment

The number of applicators needed to treat a specific area is based on your individual assessment, so it is hard to say without seeing you what the right option is. There is a very small group of individuals that can be treated with two applicators without creating any aesthetic inconsistencies. However, the majority of my Coolsculpting arm patients are treated with one applicator. 

Landon Pryor, MD, FACS
Rockford Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting for the Arms NYC

I would recommend only one applicator for the arm area. This is an expert technique and I would recommend that you consult an expert in Coolsculpting for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

How many CoolSculpting sessions per arm? Nerve injury?

Dear dgrubbs13,

Good questions!

CoolSculpting (CS) has it's limitations compared to lipocontouring but it is tried and true!

If you desire a non-surgical option, use as many applicators sessions as you need to receive the results you want!

Regarding any nerve concerns, you can develop some numbness but this is expected.  I am unaware of any permanent injury.

It is of most importance to be evaluated by a well experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and his / her Certified CoolSculpting and TermiRF Team. They will provide for you the best opportunity for success.

I hope this was helpful. All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

How many CoolSculpting applicators to treat upper arm?

Everyone is a bit different, so an exam would really be needed to determine if one or two CoolSculpting applicators would be best to treat your upper arms.  However, in my experience, I have never needed two applicators to treat the upper arm in any of my patients.  It is unusual that the arm would need to be treated all the way down to the elbow.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Visit a certified coolsculpting center where a physician can examine you and decide which applicators are best for your specific problem.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS