Can you have breast implants if you are underweight a little?

I'm 22 and thinking about breast implants but my bmi isn't right for my age I'm a little under weight can I still have the treatment

Being underweight and breast implants

Yes, you can have augmentation if you are underweight as long as you are healthy enough for anesthesia. This will need to be determined by your Plastic Surgeon during an examination.

Breast implants

Thank you for your question.  I recommend being seen in person by a board certified plastic surgeon to determine if you are a worthy candidate for a breast augmentation and if so, what you could realistically expect from surgery.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Yes, but you sould seriously consider silicone and definetely under the muscle. Over the muscle or saline can result in significant rippling in someone how is thin.

Hello dear, thanks for your question. I think that you should be a good candidate for breast augmentation surgery, get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and evaluate all  your possible options!!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Greetings. Based on the information provided, you may be a candidate for breast augmentation. To make sure you are a candidate, you should schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon who could examine you and provide you with the details of the procedure.  Good luck!

Ravinder Jarial, DO

Implant question

You should be a candidate for a breast augmentation as long as your are healthy with no medical conditions.  I would suggest that you schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can examine you in person and review your options with you.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Too skinny for breast implants?

Thanks for the question. Body weight is probably less important than your overall health status. Is there a medical reason for your low body weight? Thyroid or adrenal disorders can cause this. Start with a thorough medical evaluation with your primary care physician. Tell him or her that you are considering breast augmentation in the future.  In the absence of any medical problems, breast augmentation should be safe.

After your primary care doc, consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area. They will be happy to answer all your questions so you can have a safe experience.

Best Wishes,

Michael Morrissey, MD

Thin wanting breast implants

As long as you are generally a healthy woman been being thin does not prevent you from getting breast implants. Know that the less soft  tissue coverage you have, the more visible the edges of the implant may be. See a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area for an examination and consultation. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Underweight and imp[lants

As long as you are healthy and get pre op medical clearance from your primary care doctor you should not have a problem with implants.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Enlargement and a Low Body Weight

My answer would be influenced by the cause of your low weight as well as your general health. Have you always been at a low weight?  Are there any medical issues affecting you?  Have you recently had a significant weight loss due to stress or disease?  These are all factors that would be important to know because they may affect your healing.  If you are deemed to be healthy, then undergoing a breast enlargement procedure would be a reasonable consideration though I would advise you to be conservative and not to seek too aggressive an augmentation.

Jon A. Perlman, MD