I had a breast augmentation on 16th July 2016. I have bleeding and was worrying? (Photos)

It's been 4 days since my surgery. I have 3 children ages 4, 3 and 7 months. I have been so careful not to pick them up etc (my mom has them in the day and my husband on the evenings) I haven't gone out the house or got them wet. I'm not in any pain just abit sleepy. But I've got blood on my bandages and am worried. I've emailed and spoke to Harley medical group and I am seeing them in 2 days for my post op appointment. But it's just playing on my mind. Can anyone reassure me?

had a breast augmentation on 16th July 2016. I have bleeding and was worrying?

Thank you for your question. It is not unusual to have stains on the dressing after surgery. I recommend you to see your PS for evaluation.

Bleeding After Surgery

Hello and thank you for your question! Based on the photographs you submitted, the dry blood spots on your dressing is normal right after surgery.  Should the condition change to bright red blood or increased drainage, I would advise you to go see your plastic surgeon for an in-person evaluation and be examined.  Please talk to your surgeon with your concerns and keep him/her posted. I hope this helps and best of luck to you!

Jon Paul Trevisani, MD, FACS
Maitland Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation 16th of July

Thank you for your photographs and question.  The discharge you are seeing on the bandages seems quite appropriate for 4 days post operative.  Best to follow-up with your PS.  Good luck.

Wait until you see your surgeon

It is a bit hard to determine exactly the issue based on the pictures. It seems as though your bandages are blood stained. This is quite typical after a breast augmentation with a lift. Usually it is nothing more than this. It is very important that you see your surgeon so that he or she can examine you to make sure that there are no other issues besides this.
Best wishes,Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

I would suggest calling your doctor's office and asked to be seen today, even at least by the nurse if the doctor cannot see you. If you have active bleeding, your doctor needs to see you today.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Get checked up!

Thanks for posting your concerns. It looks from the shape of your bandages that you had breast implants and a lift. The bandage looks soaked and if you were my patient I would really appreciate the opportunity to see you and evaluate the situation. Please contact your doctor and make sure they see you sooner rather than later. Best, Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD