How soon after Lasik can I start going to the gym?

It has been 15 days since my LASIK. I want to start gym work-out again but, Afraid if something occures to my eyes cause of work out. Is it safe to start work-out ? if yes ! what after cautions i should take to avoid any damage to my eyes?

Gym after Lasik

I advise my patients that they can use the gym the very next day after Lasik. The main concern is bacteria in the eye from a lot of sweat. So just try to minimize the sweat and put in the antibiotic drop after the workout.

Los Angeles Ophthalmologist

Exercising after Lasik

Typically, patients can resume going to the gym approximately a week after surgery depending upon the type of exercise.  Anything that involves extensive exertion or where the eye may potentially get hit, we tell patients to avoid and is discussed with each patient on a case by case basis.  We advise that you discuss this with your ophthalmologist.  

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon