Microneedling/PRP VS Fraxel.

Hello I would like to ask this question to doctors that have both experience from Fraxel and PRP. Which would you choose between Microneedling/Prp vs Fraxel for better results the following 3 different skin cases for the face : 1.Antiaging and Wrinkles 2.Melasma and skin discoloration 3.Acne scars (Without considering price , downtime ,risks involved etc. Just Pure Results Thank you)

Microneedling with PRP and Fraxel

I perform both microneedling with PRP and Fraxel and eMatrix and other lasers.  There is a place for all of these treatments and the key is selecting the right patient with a certain skin type and condition for these treatments.  They are both extremely effective for the correct patient.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Microneedling/PRP VS Fraxel.

Thanks for your query. If we consider purely the results, then for anti aging, wrinkles, melasma and skin discoloration micro needling with PRP would give better results as the growth factors in PRP will stimulate the formation of new collagen which will lead to resurfacing of the skin thus leads to decreased wrinkles and improves melasma and skin pigmentation , giving it a glow. Acne scar respond better to fraxel. Both the treatments require multiple sittings and involve a little bit of downtime but the result is appreciable. Hope it helps.

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Microneedling with PRP - A Fad without proven results

I think you must watch for the hype with the microneedling and PRP. I have yet to see demonstrated science behind it or great results. Also, PRP is all over the map as far as concentrations. It must be 6X (6 times the normal platelet concentration) to be most effective. Most is about 2. Fraxel will be better for all the cases you are asking about . I also don't believe that one is driving in the PRP with the microneedling. If it is laid on the surface after microneedling with a soaked facial mask, this might allow the PRP to penetrate. Also, injecting the PRP is better too.

Steven F. Weiner, MD