Did I change the shape of my nose after getting a facial?

I had rhinoplasty over a year ago and I recently went in to get a facial. I forgot to tell her to be careful on my nose. She squeezed my nose in all kinds of directions and pressed really hard on it to remove the blackheads. The next day, my nose was hurting/bruised/swollen. After the swelling went down, I didn't notice any changes, but I'm still paranoid that she changed the shape of my cartilage. How much pressure does it take to change the shape of the nose/cartilage?

Thanks for your query. A Cartilage is a resilient and smooth elastic tissue covering and protecting the ends of the long bones at joints. It is stiffer and less flexible. From external pressure of facial the shape of the nose will not change no matter how hard you press it. So relax your shape has not changed.All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Cartilage mad facila

Squeezing blackheads is not going to damage cartilage in nose. Unfortunately your blackheads were difficult to remove.The use of a regions such as tretinoin or adapalene wil gradually soften and remove the blackheads and whiteheads gradually over a period of 12 weeks.

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Just swollen, nose shape won't change from a facial

I always tell my patients, if a facial feels good for you to relax, get it. If you are actually trying to improve your skin in the long term, do Dermapen instead. You know when you go on a trip and you get a facial, you glow that day, then go back to looking normal the day after. After Dermapen, you glow for a month and get long-lasting collagen production.
You can get Dermapen (or microneedling) with blood or spun down blood to isoloate the PRP (platelet rich plasma). This boosts the efficacy of microneedling by penetrating your own growth factors deep into your skin, again, causing more collagen production and lon-lasting benefits for your skin. I prefer PRP over blood because we have isolated the growth factor portion of the blood to use in the treatment.
You can expect improvement in fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and a long-lasting glow. Personally, I love this treatment and try to get it done every couple of months. You will be addicted too. Promise!

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

A year after surgery

They do tend to do some manipulation during the facial to help express the clogged pores.  It is common to be tender and possibly swollen the next day.  Rest assured that being a year out from surgery, there is nothing they could of done to change the cartilage inside the nose. 

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

The amount of pressure, is a lot! And a year after rhinoplasty you should not worry at all, your nose will be completely stable by this point. I would only worry for the first 6-8 weeks.Sounds like the aesthetician did a good job! 

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon