I am still breastfeeding my 1 years old, and was wondering about hydrafacials. Are they safe?

What are the known contraindications? And, if chemicals are used, what specifically is used? Is it possible to get it done without anything harmful being used? And what are my best alternatives? I have a special event coming up.

Thanks for your query. Hydrafacials are safe during breastfeeding as it does not cause any harm. It uses glysal peel, antioxidants and vitamins in there ingredients so it is absolutely safe. Hope it helpsAll The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Hydrofacial made me break out along my jaw... Dermapen better.

I always tell my patients, if a facial feels good for you to relax, get it. If you are actually trying to improve your skin in the long term, do Dermapen instead. You know when you go on a trip and you get a facial, you glow that day, then go back to looking normal the day after. After Dermapen, you glow for a month and get long-lasting collagen production.
You can get Dermapen (or microneedling) with blood or spun down blood to isoloate the PRP (platelet rich plasma). This boosts the efficacy of microneedling by penetrating your own growth factors deep into your skin, again, causing more collagen production and lon-lasting benefits for your skin. I prefer PRP over blood because we have isolated the growth factor portion of the blood to use in the treatment.
You can expect improvement in fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and a long-lasting glow. Personally, I love this treatment and try to get it done every couple of months. You will be addicted too. Promise!

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD