What is the Best Peel for Removing Age Spots on Hand/face?

I have 2 age spots on face-one on nose & other above upper lip, which the best make-up d/not cover. I want to remove, not fade them. Also have lines above upper lip. Is AHA best for lines? Thx.

IPL is the best way to remve Age Spots

Using a caustic acid to remove Age Spots and all the skin adjacent to them is an outdated yet cheaper treatment. Intense Photo  Light SPECIFICALLY removes just the lesion by delivering a large amount just to the lesion. 

I like and use the SCITON BBL IPL. Great results. Faster recovery. Happy Patients. What's not to like?

Removing age spots on hand/face

30 to 50% TCA gives a better result for a year but will need to be repeated. Also ILP laser can improve. AHA for lip fine lines is OK but use a named product like Restylane or Juvederm.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Chemical Peel for Age Spots

Chemical peels are a great option for aging spots on the face. As others have mentioned, a TCA peel will help remove the age or sun spot to create a more rejuvenated appearance. The depth of peel varies with the concentration, among other factors. TCA peel treatments may need to be repeated, as necessary. Speak with a plastic surgeon or dermatologist to determine the appropriate option for you, and follow their pre and post peel instructions.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

TCA peels are great for removing age spots.

A 25-35% TCA spot peel does great for removing age spots but sometimes needs to be done a 2nd time about a month later.  cost is roughly $150 for a couple of spots + the office visit.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

A TCA peel

If you are an appropriate candidate (check with your dermatologist or a plastic surgeon), 25-35% TCA should be the best peel for this. Lighter peels will take months to give you the same result as one medium depth TCA peel. Be sure to get pre and post treatment protocols to improve results and prevent recurrence.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist