Seasonal shedding on Rogaine? Myth or reality?

I'm a 36 year old female experienced hair loss 3 years ago. had a scalp analysis done by a hair transplant surgeon. He didn't see signs of AGA, but recommended Rogaine to stop the shed. been on Rogaine for 18 months with excellent results, but every May-June for about 6-8 weeks, I experience a noticeable increase in shedding. blood work always comes back normal. Is seasonal shedding a real thing in humans, or is this because of Rogaine? Anything I can do to stop it?

Rogaine and Shedding

Some people get shedding when starting rogaine.  I suggest you see a hair loss expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Humans have a seasonal shed!

Absolutely, humans have a seasonal shed. I see it alot - spring shed and fall shed. Men rarely notice it at all because of their short hair.

We just finished the spring shed here in northern hemisphere. Yes, it's real.

Seasonal shedding

Seasonal shedding is not myth. İt is a real thing in humans and we observe especially on  spring as you observe yourself. PRP of 3 sessions or more  work well for seasonal hair loss and TE .

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hair loss

Great question! As far as we know, it is not something that actually is observed. More likely would be other factors, such as stress or other issues that arise during that time. However, one thing that I am convinced about is that patients seem to have a "sixth sense" about their bodies and so, even if we don't know of any cause of this issue, if it is happening to you, I believe it! One other thing is that I doubt it is do to Rogaine. Rogaine should only help the hair loss and should not be associated with hair loss.

Good luck! : )

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Seasonal shedding

IT is supposed to be an old wives tale that human shen seasonally as animals do, but considering that you have seen it, then it may be the case with you

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon