Are black holes normal? (Photo)

It is almost three weeks post getting all 4 wisdom teeth out. Not only does my jaw still hurt, but there are large black holes on the bottom of my mouth. I went for a post op visit a week after while my stiches were still in and he said all good. Now they fell out and the pain is back (like a 3/10) and there's huge black holes on the bottom! Is this normal?

Kjnbbjp

It is very hard to say from your picture but it is possible you have developed a dry socket.  Contact your oral surgeon and tell them what is going on and that you would like to be seen.  I am sure they will take care of you.  Good luck!

Seattle Dentist