Does Bella Injectable Filler work permanently?

Bellafill

Bellafill is a semi-permanent dermal filler used for acne scars. The collagen provides immediate volume below pitted scars or nasolabial folds to lift them to the level of the surrounding skin. Results are immediate and long lasting. May last up to 5 years.

Fullerton Dermatologic Surgeon

Is Bellafill Permanent?

Bellafill is essentially permanent. It is a particulate filler that is composed
of a very small amount of PMMA or tiny (40 micron) beads that act as a bio-stimulant. They are non-resorbable. The rest of each syringe of Bellafill (90%)
is comprised of collagen. Bovine
collagen is an old style filler that only lasts 3 months. As it is absorbed over the 3 to 6 months
after an injection of Bellafill, the PMMA stimulates your cells to make new
tissue, replacing the collagen.

The formal FDA studies show that Bellafill will last AT
LEAST 5 YEARS and there are informal studies going back to the original formulations
that show t is still there at 15 years!
I have many patients who still have nice volume replacement at 9 years.

Because it lasts so long, you should be aware of the risks
and benefits of these types of fillers.
I have added a video that may help you.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Bellafill complications and correction

Bellafill is a semi-permanent filler. Our office is a regional referral center for filler complications and we continue to see complications with patients who have undergone volume enhancement with these types of fillers. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

PMMA Permanency

Bellafill is now my filler of choice in the facial rejuvenation patient.  This filler is, in  my opinion, a the first permanent filler available and here's why. 

Plastic surgeons and head and neck surgeons use this same molecule in a sheet form to reconstruct membranes of the neck.  That was told to me personally by a plastic surgeon who is a personal patient of mine.  Now, why would they use a temporary molecule to replace such an important structure in the neck?   They wouldn't. 

It really is the time for patients to begin to seek out a  more permanent correction. 

Will Richardson, MD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

BellaFill

Most studies support a 5 year indication for BellaFill.  The filler is composed of collagen and PMMA microspheres.  Many doctors consider BellaFill to be a 'semipermanent' filler because some of the PMMA might not broken down although the collagen certainly would be.  Patients choosing BellaFill should be sure they want like filler in the areas it is injected so it is likely not a best choice for first time filler users.

John Burns, MD

IS BELLAFILL PERMANENT?

Bellafill, like autologous fat transfer which I also use in my practice, is essentially permanent.  That said, it cannot halt future changes in the skin and soft tissue associated with aging.  The product contains bovine collagen, which serves as a carrier for the durable, more-permanent PMMA. After an extended period of time, the patient may need a "touch-up" of product to maintain a great result.

We have enjoyed the long-lasting effects of Bellafill in our practice.  I recommend consulting with an experienced physician to determine which filler or surgical treatment is appropriate for you.

Jeffrey B. Wise, MD, FACS
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

​Bellafill

Bellafill immediately adds volume to wrinkles known as smile lines for a smoother, more youthful appearance. In addition, Bellafill re-creates the firm structure of younger-looking skin by supporting production of your body’s own collagen. The beautiful benefits of Bellafill are immediate correction and lasting improvement with visible benefits through 5 years for wrinkles.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Bellafill

The particles in Bellafill are permanent, but the effect may not be permanent as the aging process continues. E.g. Filling the lip-cheek groove will correct the depth but in 5 years with continued aging it will need to be filled again.

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bellafill

Yes, Bellafill, formerly called Artefill is a semi permanent filler. Results are immediate and swelling is less than hylouranic acid fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane, Belotero and Voluma. I love Bellafill and the results are amazing. Make sure to go to a very experienced injector when using longer lasting fillers. Go slow, build up, it's always easy to add, but unlike the HA's it cannot be reversed. Lasts up to 5 years! 

Andre Berger, MD

Andre Berger, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

BELLA FILL

Bellafill injectable restores rather then just fills, for natural, enduring results. Bellafill is not permanent and the amount of time that it last is different from every patient.  Bellafill is a bio stimulant and works with your body to jump start your collagen growth with the PMMA's that are placed in the areas that you had filled. Bellafill is a great product, and i highly recommend it ! I hope this helps you on your journey!:)

Chaitali Nangrani, MD
The Woodlands Family Physician