Does Bella Injectable Filler work permanently?

Bellafill

Bellafill is a semi-permanent dermal filler used for acne scars. The collagen provides immediate volume below pitted scars or nasolabial folds to lift them to the level of the surrounding skin. Results are immediate and long lasting. May last up to 5 years.

Fullerton Dermatologic Surgeon

Bellafill complications and correction

Bellafill is a semi-permanent filler. Our office is a regional referral center for filler complications and we continue to see complications with patients who have undergone volume enhancement with these types of fillers. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

PMMA Permanency

Bellafill is now my filler of choice in the facial rejuvenation patient.  This filler is, in  my opinion, a the first permanent filler available and here's why. 

Plastic surgeons and head and neck surgeons use this same molecule in a sheet form to reconstruct membranes of the neck.  That was told to me personally by a plastic surgeon who is a personal patient of mine.  Now, why would they use a temporary molecule to replace such an important structure in the neck?   They wouldn't. 

It really is the time for patients to begin to seek out a  more permanent correction. 

Will Richardson, MD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

IS BELLAFILL PERMANENT?

Bellafill, like autologous fat transfer which I also use in my practice, is essentially permanent.  That said, it cannot halt future changes in the skin and soft tissue associated with aging.  The product contains bovine collagen, which serves as a carrier for the durable, more-permanent PMMA. After an extended period of time, the patient may need a "touch-up" of product to maintain a great result.

We have enjoyed the long-lasting effects of Bellafill in our practice.  I recommend consulting with an experienced physician to determine which filler or surgical treatment is appropriate for you.

Jeffrey B. Wise, MD, FACS
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is Bellafill Permanent?

Bellafill is essentially permanent. It is a particulate filler that is composed
of a very small amount of PMMA or tiny (40 micron) beads that act as a bio-stimulant. They are non-resorbable. The rest of each syringe of Bellafill (90%)
is comprised of collagen. Bovine
collagen is an old style filler that only lasts 3 months. As it is absorbed over the 3 to 6 months
after an injection of Bellafill, the PMMA stimulates your cells to make new
tissue, replacing the collagen.

The formal FDA studies show that Bellafill will last AT
LEAST 5 YEARS and there are informal studies going back to the original formulations
that show t is still there at 15 years!
I have many patients who still have nice volume replacement at 9 years.

Because it lasts so long, you should be aware of the risks
and benefits of these types of fillers.
I have added a video that may help you.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Bellafill is permanent

Bellafill is composed of 80% bovine (cow) collagen and 20% PMMA microspheres. The PMMA component of the product is permanent. The bovine collagen gets reabsorbed by the body over the 2 months after injection and gets replaced with your own collagen. Hence, the mature implant consists of PMMA microspheres surrounded by macrophages (type of white blood cell), multi-nucleated giant cells (type of macrophage) and collagen. The multi-nucleated giant cells lock the PMMA microspheres in place and prevent their migration. Because Bellafill is a permanent filler it should only be injected by clinicians who have extensive experience and skill injecting fillers. Hope that this information helps!  

Gerald Pierone Jr., MD
Vero Beach Internist

BellaFill

Most studies support a 5 year indication for BellaFill.  The filler is composed of collagen and PMMA microspheres.  Many doctors consider BellaFill to be a 'semipermanent' filler because some of the PMMA might not broken down although the collagen certainly would be.  Patients choosing BellaFill should be sure they want like filler in the areas it is injected so it is likely not a best choice for first time filler users.

John L. Burns Jr., MD

Permanent Fillers Would Be a Problem

I believe you’re referencing the filler “bellafill”, though there may be some filler on the Canadian market that I’m unaware of named “Bella.” Bellafill will last at least 5 years, but is not permanent. Permanent fillers create problems in the long term, as your face naturally shifts and changes while the injected material does not. For that reason, I caution my patients against a solution that sounds too good to be true.

Mitchell Chasin, MD
Livingston Physician

Thank you for sharing your excellent question.  Bellafill is considered a semi-permanent implant with the newest formulation comprised of Collagen and PMMA particles to supply up to 5 years worth of results.  As the collagen slowly breaks down patients will benefit from a touch-up, but Bellafill is currently the longest lasting filler on the market.  Be sure to see an experienced injector as Bellafill can not be dissolved like the hyaluronic acid family of fillers.  Hope this helps.

Bellafill

Bellafill is FDA approved for 5 years. This is the longest FDA approval for any filler. That is not to say that the product cannot or does not last longer than 5 years. The collagen portion of the filler will be metabolized by the body, but the PMMA microsphere is the more permanent part of the filler. I don't want to say it is 100%permanent, because the studies just haven't been conducted past 5 years; however, it is the most permanent filler solution available right now.

Landon Pryor, MD, FACS
Rockford Plastic Surgeon