Is it fine to take spironolactone while planning to get pregnant or being pregnant?

No, spironolactone is not the acne medication of choice in this case

Spironolactone is contraindicated in pregnancy as it is well known to cause birth defects. I advise all my patients to stop spironolactone at least one month before trying to get pregnant.

Milwaukee Dermatologic Surgeon

No, it is not safe in pregnancy

No, this tablet is not safe in pregnancy. For acne treatment in pregnancy a combination of light - LED, clindatech, or erythromycin topically plus natural supplements is the safest. Don't forget to eat well, and use good skin care. See a dermatologist for advice. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist