I Have an Old Bee Sting Mark/scar That Would Not Go Away. It Has Been There for Years. What Can I Do About This? (photo)

Doctor Answers 1

Bee sting mark

If the area is thick, it may be a hypertrophic scar or what we call dermatofibroma. Both can be improved with injections of steroid and 5-fluorouracil into them. A vascular laser such as a pulsed dye laser can be used to reduce the redness and a fractional laser (like Fraxel) can help with scar tissue improved texture and overall appearance.

Charlotte Dermatologist
4.2 out of 5 stars 19 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.