Can Restylane Silk be used for both tear trough and lip areas? (Photo)

I have thin lips and issues with minor sunken in tear troughs so i wanted to use 1 (syringe) filler for both procedures first my lips & whatever i had left would go to tear trough area. Is it safe for both areas? The lip goal i had was kylie jenners so wanted opinions on what filler she might of used? How much would be needed to get the same result? I have a picture of me & of her below.

Restylane Silk -Tear Trough And Lips

I appreciate your question.
Yes Restylane Silk can be used for both lips and tear troughs.  It is FDA approved for lips and peri oral rhytides.  Tear Trough use is off label however yields an excellent result and both are very safe.

The best way to assess how much filler you would need and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Restylane Silk

Yes, Restylane Silk has FDA indication for lips, and off-label is great for the tear trough. Since this is your first time doing filler, achieving a fuller lip needs to be done in stride to not look overdone. Start with one syringe split between both areas as Restylane Silk tends to go a long way due to its viscosity, particle size, and swelling.

Ava Shamban, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane Silk for Lips and Tear Troughs

Dear Dmonique29:

The lips, in particular, require injection artistry with different style filler to volumize versus project the:
1.pink or vermillion lip
2.project from the wet, underside of lip
3.highlight the white line and philtrum
4.hide or soften the peri-oral lines
5.turn the "frown, up-side down", ie. elevate the corners of the mouth and fill the marionette fold / line.

Tear Trough injections also need talent and artistry to fill the trough from deep below to reduce the blue tindel response and elevate the sunken fat compartments of the cheek / lid junction.

Using a thinner product like Silk is excellent when you wish for a dermal line to be improved. I have found it remarkable for:
  1. peri-oral lip lines
  2. lateral commissure (lip corners) and marionette fold fill and lift
  3. crow's feet around the eyes
  4. forehead lines

Beware that Silk is different! It is very hydrophilic and will attract a lot of swelling. Because of this, 1 cc will go a long way but not necessarily fulfill your entire wish list. If used improperly over the eyelids, it may be upsetting to you.

Consult with a well experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or ENT Facial Surgeon who understands the anatomy and has a artistic touch as well. 

I hope this has been helpful. All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Restylane Silk Can Be Used In Both Lips And Tear Trough

Restylane Silk is FDA-approved to create volume and shape in the lips. However, it is perfectly safe to use it in tear troughs, too. When administered with microcannulas, which create less trauma and ease delivery, Restylane can fill out tear troughs, taking years off your appearance. Please consult a board-certified dermatologist to find out how close you can get to your ideal using Restylane in your lips and tear troughs.

Douglas Wu, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Restylane Silk

It is unlikely that 1 syringe of Restylane Silk would enhance your lips to the size of Kylie Jenner's. If your goal is significant lip volume increase, I would recommend considering Juvederm. However, the best way to assess the amount of product needed to achieve your aesthetic goal is an in-person consultation with your provider. Restylane Silk can also be used in the tear trough area.

Both of these areas require a great deal of skill, so I recommend ensuring you are treated by an experienced provider.  

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Restylane Silk for both tear troughs and lips

Restylane Silk can be used for both lips and tear troughs and produce some incredible results in both of these areas of the face. Make sure that you see a skilled provider who can evaluate you in person to discuss what you are looking to achieve and who can accurately determine how much filler you would need in your lips.

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane Silk for tear trough and lips

Yes, restylane silk can be used for both the lips and tear troughs. Both areas require advanced technique so you would be best to utilize an experienced and expert physician injector. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Restylane Silk for lips and tear trough

Restylane Silk can be used in both the lips (FDA approved) and in the tear trough (off-label usage).  I would make sure you go to an experienced injector as this tends to be a more nuanced product and the tear trough area requires advanced training and extensive experience to get a good result.

Restylane silk for lips and tear troughs

Restylane  silk is an ideal product for tear troughs and lips especially in young women.   It creates a lip gloss look on the lips and does not look over done.  In addition it goes away smoothly.  

Restylane Silk for Lip Augmentation and Tear Troughs

Restylane Silk is the only hyaluronic acid FDA approved only for lips.  It is an excellent product for lip enhancement and for reducing wrinkles around the lips.  Off label, it is a great product to improve tear troughs because it is extremely smooth.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon