Is this a double bubble? (photos)

I had surgery 5 weeks ago. 375 cc Silicone under the muscle. Love them! Right under my left breast I developed a bump that I can push in and out. Dr said it was my implant - things are settling and imslim. I found another lump on the same breast toward clevage side. now, I see A shadow of my implant. Is this the start of a double bubble? I love my surgeon - she is great - reputable. She said all is fine at the moment - it may fix itself over time the implant is still settling. Will it get worse?

5 Weeks Post Op

Some countour irregularities at the midline are normal and more noticeable when tissues are tight and a bit swollen. As your Implants drop and fluff, tight tissue will expand and soften. You will likely note little areas of tension round out on their own but it is too soon to evaluate. I recommend that you wait until closer to 6 months post op.

All the best

Is this a double bubble?

I do not see double bubble at this early stage after your breast augmentation.  Give yourself 8-12 weeks for your implants to finalize and I assume that she will have a very nice result.  Enjoy the full view of your breasts and do not obsess on the details at this early stage.

Double Bubble?

At five weeks post surgery, you still have a long way to go in the recovery process.  I would just be patient and allow the implants to settle and breast tissue to mold around the implants.  This takes a full three months in most patients.  Your pictures show very slight changes, so I would not focus on them and instead focus on getting back to all your normal activities and allowing the breasts to fully heal.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Is this a double bubble?

WOW you are quite picky! The result appears excellent! There are ALWAYS slight differences between the breasts ALWAYS!. I hope you understand.

Double bubble?

Thanks for your question and your postoperative photographs.  My advise is to wait 4-6 months prior to considering a "final" result.  Implants do settle during this time.  Best regards.

Too early to asses

It looks like you're healing well in the photos and it's not unusual to have some asymmetry early in healing or faint shadow of prior fold.  Best to discuss with your surgeon and be paitient.

Evan Feldman, MD, FACS
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Post op breast augmentation

From your pictures I can't see anything to worry about. You are only a few weeks post op and the implants are still settling. If you are very slim there is always the chance you may feel your implant, hence going under the muscle is a good idea as it covers the implant better at the superior pole. 

Dan Marsh, PhD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Continued follow up

What you describe and present in the above photos seems to be fairly typical post operative recovery related issues.  It will take several months (around six) for all to settle out and your surgeon should be following you up at intervals to guide you through this as the recovery process is in many ways just as important as the pre operative assessment and the surgery itself.  It sounds like you have a good relationship with your surgeon and she and her staff will be your best resource to get you through the recovery process. 

Tom Tracey Gallaher, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Is this a double bubble?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment and/or meaningful reassurance.  Having said that, I do not see anything of concern in the posted photographs. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

Palpable Implant

The cause of a double bubble is the descent of the implant below the established infra mammary fold.  During the first few months postoperatively it would be unusual to develop a double bubble.  The most likely reason for a compressible lump in the medial or inferior aspect of the breast is a palpable implant.

Samuel Beran, MD