Had a fraxel laser on my hand to remove a brown spot a week ago. Is it infected? (Photo)

It us infected am in a z pack but the burn looks horrible and painful. How should I treat the wound?

Fraxel and Burn

This is not infected at least from the photos but needs appropriate wound care at this time.  Please see a laser expert.  Fraxel should not cause burns like this.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Fraxel burn

Difficult to tell at this point if it is infected but it definitely is a burn sustained from the device.  If you haven't done so already, contact the person who performed the procedure and let them know that this has happened to you.  You likely need to be placed on prednisone to decrease some of the inflammation and a duoderm patch which will help in healing.  Regardless, you will likely have some pigmentation afterwards which will resolve, albeit slowly.

Payman Kosari, MD, FAAD
Dermatology, Laser and Vein Specialists
Charlotte, NC

*Please remember to +1 answers you like to keep them at the top
*Also, "Follow" physicians you like to receive email updates as they post on RealSelf

Payman Kosari, MD, FAAD
Charlotte Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel

I would recommend you make an appointment with your dermatologist to receive proper post care for the burn you received. There are ointments that can be prescribed to allow the area to heal optimally and prevent infection from occuring. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Fraxel Laser and Burn

It definitely appears as if you have a burn from the laser.  You need topical wound care as well.  Please consult a specialist.  Best, Dr. Green