What's the average cost of having age spots/discoloration removed from the face?

Cost of Age Spots/Discoloration

Without a photo, it is hard to guide you definitively. However, the cost for BBL (a form of IPL) starts at $125. A treatment with a Halo Laser starts at $1000. Consult in person with an experienced and expert physician to understand your options. 

Cost to treat age spots and discoloration

It's hard to give an exact price without a full consultation but let me give you an idea of the different types of treatments available and the associated costs. If you have individual spots treated with just cryotherapy or liquid nitrogen, that can be fairly inexpensive and the cost would be $200 or so. There's also several lasers that can treat individual spots and give you great results. The price depends on which laser, and how many spots you're having treated and that can run in the hundreds or more depending on the number of spots. If you choose to have the whole face treated with intense pulse light (IPL) laser that can cost about $600 or more, and the Fraxel laser which gets rid of the spots and helps with the wrinkles can run over $1000. I hope that gives you an idea of the options that are available.

Cheryl Karcher, MD

Treating Sun Spots/Hyperpigmentation

Thank you for your question! Sun Damage and Hyperpigmentation can usually be treated by various different lasers as well as chemical peels. My aesthetics nurse, Annie Bruno, RN has patients come into the office for a complimentary assessment and sets up treatment pathways after discussing and viewing the patient's skin/concerns. I would definitely recommend a full assessment with a specialist before moving forward with any treatments. I hope this is helpful to you, and wishing you all the best!

Be well,

Dr. Todd Hobgood, MD

Todd Christopher Hobgood, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Age spots,costs, and lasers

It really depends. Video below shows just one method I employ to remove sun damage and age spots. It really depends on your goals, expectations and clinical examination. Prices that I charge range from $990 USD all the way to $4500 USD for fully ablative laser resurfacing. 

The video below shows only one treatment I use- Fraxel 1927 in high density mode. One treatment is all that is needed, but your skin type must be suitable. As a guide I treat $1300 for high density Fraxel.

Dr Davin Lim
Laser, surgical and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Treatment of Age Spots

Thank you for your question. There really is no average age for treating skin discoloration. Every individual has a unique genetic and environmental make up. Brown spots and pigment in the skin can present at any age depending on your skin type and history of sun exposure. There are a variety of treatments available from skin brightening products, chemical peels, and laser treatments that can help to reduce the appearance of these discolorations. I recommend an evaluation with an experienced skin care professional to determine if you are ready for a treatment, and to determine which treatment is best for you.

Lucia S. Olarte, MD