Bad Reaction on my Face After Chemical Peel? (photo)

this is not my first time under go for a peel, as i had done miami peel before, went to the doctor office, he recommend me a gentlest peel from a brand call image from USA it a concoction of salicylic and glycolic acid 20% and first time for that . Here goes my face ..can any doctor tell me me what is happen on my face, as i don't think it s a burn but i had never experience that before on my first peel. my face is not peel ..why there are so many patches around. and today is a 2nd day.

Doctor Answers 3

Reaction to Chemical Peel - What To Do?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is very difficult to assess your skin based on the internet photos you provided. I encourage you to follow up immediately with your doctor who should follow you closely and guide you through the wound care and healing period. That being said, I recommend you keep the skin well hydrated with a bland emollient (moisturizer) like aqupahor which should be applied several times a day. Make sure to stay out of the sun, cleanse very gently with very mild soap, avoid picking at peeling skin and avoid any harsh topicals such as glycolic or RetinA for a while. 



Boca Raton Dermatologist
4.1 out of 5 stars 8 reviews

This could be entirely normal.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Unfortunately, it is very difficult to evaluate your face via the internet with a poor quality photo.  You essentially had a light medium depth peel.  It is important to keep the skin well moisturized with vasoline or aquaphor.  This products are whipped with water and help keep the peeled skin hydrated.  You are at significant risk of hyperpigmenting. Your doctor needs to carefully follow you for this and institute treatment for this when the time is right.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

Bad Reaction on my Face After Chemical Peel?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Very hard to advise over the internet. Best to see a few second opinions. But I recommend Aquafor ointment or even hydrocortisone cream. if OK with your treating doc. 

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.