I have had Botox twice on my forehead and on both occasions only the left side has worked. Why would this happen?

I went back the second time and was given more ... And it still didn't work .... Why would this happen

Uneven results from forehead Botox

It is very common to have one side of your forehead stronger than the other, and therefore would require more Botox on the stronger side. 
Now that you've experienced uneven results twice, go to an expert who will customize your treatment and inject more Botox on the stronger side.

Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox

Many people have asymmetries and the left side of your forehead may require more units than the right.  Neurotoxins  such as Botox and Dysport are all catered to each patient as an individual.   Another option would be to try Dysport and see if you have a better response. Thank you so much for your question.

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Botox and "not working"

It sounds like either a muscle was missed or you may need a stronger amount of Botox on that side.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist who has a great deal of experience with Botox for the best results.

Botox not working on one side

Having one side of the muscle stronger is not uncommon, but it usually only stronger by a small degree, and you should see at least some attenuation of function, especially if this side was touched up. My guess is the muscle was missed on this side, being able to visualize muscle position 3-dimensionally within the soft tissue gives the injector far more accuracy. I would suggest trying a different office to see if same results are seen. It doesn't make sense that antibodies would attack toxin on the left , but not the right

C. Brett Carlin, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Botox Didnt Work On One Side Of Head

This is rare, I have actually never seen this. I suggest using a different product in this location or higher doses at initial treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox work

I recommend to talk to your doctor who injected your botox. Muscles are asymmetric and may need one more than other. Another option is that the one who is injecting is not injecting a correct dose or when he injects he is getting the botox some how out of you body.
Dr. Nabil Fakih

Nabil Fakih, MD
Lebanon Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox didn't work on one side of forehead

This is very unusual. Typically, this is due to either underdosing that side with Botox or injecting the product incorrectly. If it worked on one side but not the other the most likely explanation is that you need additional units on the stronger side. Your nerve endings are the same throughout the facial muscles and if Botox works on one side it will work similarly on the other side. Best.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

I have had Botox twice on my forehead and on both occasions only the left side has worked. Why would this happen

Thank you for your question.  Muscle are asymmetric. Maybe your forehead muscles are thicker and require more units of botox.  This should of been corrected the second time,. You did not mention how many units of botox you received.  You might of been under dosed.  Maybe try a board certified injector. Best Wishes.  

Uneven results from Botox

There is the possibility that one side is more active than the other although in actuality the frontalis on the forehead is actually only one muscle.  Be sure that you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who is experienced in the use of the toxin

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Asymetry after Botox

Did you do the Botox treatment both times with the same doctor? If so, try next time another board certified plastic surgeon. I am quite sure, that an experienced specialist can avoid this kind of asymmetries. Best of luck to you.

Afschin Ghofrani, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon