Autoimmune disorder and lasers (like Forever Young BBL) is a NO, right?

I have celiac disease, which is an autoimmune disorder. One of the many troubles it brings is skin disorders like eczema, rosacea and dermatitis herpeformis (called "celiac rash.). I'm curious about the Forever Young BBL. I seem like a great candidate since I'm fair with freckles/sundamaged skin. But as I researched, it seems anyone with an autoimmune disorder would have trouble healing--right? Let me know your thoughts. I am 45. Thank you.

Thanks for your query. It is not very advisable to get laser done as heat will aggravate it. So get your DH and eczema treated completely before going for a laser. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Lasers, BBL and autoimmune disorders

If you have autoimmune skin disorders such as vitiligo, or lupus, I would not recommend BBL or lasers. Even with SLE systemic lupus one has to be careful, even without skin signs. For coeliac disease, it is absolutely safe to have lasers or IPL. All the best, Dr Davin Lim.Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist