Liquid facelift vs chin liposuction. Which would be better for me? (photo)

I have a slight double chin and went to a sergeon to enquire about liposuction of the chin and jowls to give myself a better profile and a strong jawline. He said that i would be better off with a liquid facelift to give my checks more definition and help any sagging in the jowls. But i have very chubby checks already? Would it make them worse? And would it help my double chin? I feel so confused and need a second opinion

Double Chin

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question. While fillers can help to lift the cheeks, which in turn will lift the jowels, you do have some other options. CoolSculpting is a great treatment for the chin area. This procedure will freeze your fat in that area, and it will be permanently reduced. Please visit a local physician in your area for an in person consultation. Good luck!

Liquid FaceLift

Thank you for your photo. Based on the photo you might good candidate for a Liquid Facelift which help restore your face’s naturally young and healthy appearance. The treatment uses dermal fillers such as Restylane and Bellafill which help your wrinkles dissipate and any sunken areas of your face. It would definitely help with you chin and sagging jowls. Please make sure you get a consultation from a board-certified dermatologist. 

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Liquid facelift?

Since your chin is a priority, you should consider a treatment with Kybella. This is a non-surgical method of reducing that sub-mental fatty pocket. You can also enhance the cheeks and jaw line with several cc's of dermal fillers which will make you look younger, but also restore the natural facial volume that disappears with age. You should prepare yourself for the injections to reduce swelling and bruising and have a quicker recovery.

Best wishes and good luck, Dr. ALDO :)

Top 100 Doctor for Realself 

Realself Core Physician

Neck reduction versus cheek augmentation

Hello Keycjess-

It is very hard to determine your facial contour issues without more photos, but I'll comment guided by your one profile photo and your statements. Your neckline could be enhanced by reducing the presumed fat in that area and this can be most reliable achieved with neck liposuction. Kybella is an alternative but can only be used for a singular accumulation of fat in central neck (2cm away from each jaw). This is a very painful approach and can't be applied to fat anywhere else, like in your presumed jowls. Therefore liposuction of your jowls and neck can be done at the same time, with better overall contour enhancement and generally less postoperative pain and swelling. 

In regards to your cheeks (which I can't see), often times enhancement with filler will help triangulation of the face with your chin and this balance tends to be more aesthetically pleasing to the eye. 

All the best.

Kybella virus liposuction for double chin

Because of the extremely limited options for correction, submittal fat (double chin ) has been an under-treated aesthetic issue.Kybella,  a fat dissolver,  has been revolutionizing the world of  cosmetic treatments for the treatment of double chin. 

Until Kybella was FDA approval, there was little you could do about submental fat except wear turtlenecks or get a surgical liposuction treatment. Kybella makes it possible to diminish  your double chin and achieve a tighter, more contoured look without incisions or downtime, especially when used with other fillers and botox in a liquid facelift .

Chin

I agree that without a full panel of photos it's hard to give a definitive answer. But I would add my philosophy on Kybella and ultherapy. I never understood why someone would pay more money for a treatment that takes longer to see results, and has a bigger chance of not working than sub mental liposuction. Lips under the chin takes 15 minutes, is done under local anesthesia, the results are apparent after the swelling subsides in 1 week, is cheaper, and results are seen most in every case.  On your case, again given the limits of the photo, I would consider sum entail lipo with a pre mandible chin implant or augmentation of the jawline with filler.

Liquid Facelift Or Chin Lipo - What Would Help Me The Most?

From the photograph you sent to RealSelf, you appear to have minimal submental fat and Kybella, which is part of a liquid facelift, would do an excellent job at removing that fat permanently.  As far as your jowls are concerned, jowls are defined as skin and subcutaneous tissue progressing downward towards the chin, but stopped from getting all the way to the chin by the jugulo mandibular ligament.  Since this ligament is strong, the skin and fat begin to hang over it which gives the appearance of what is referred to as a jowl.  The lines that you demonstrate below the jowl from the lower lip to the chin are known as marionette lines.  
From your picture, you have a very attractive face and you look quite young to be having this much aging.  If you were my patient, I would recommend Voluma injected onto your mandible from the marionette lines to the tip of the chin which will balance your face, correct most of the marionette lines, and like any good liquid facelift, postpone the inevitable facial skin resection.  Voluma placed under the remainder of the marionette lines perpendicular to those lines will lift them up to the surrounding tissue, therefore eliminating this indication of aging.
Obviously, the gold standard for correction of your retrusive chin, neck fat, and jowls would be a facelift, chin implant and liposuction of the neck.  To determine which one of these treatment modalities best suit your age and budget, I recommend you see one of the world famous plastic surgeons in Australia.  

Liquid facelift versus chin liposuction. Which would be better for me?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph. Without a full series of photographs it is difficult to offer definite advice, but I would recommend Kybella to your chin/submental region to address any excess adipose tissue as it does not appear that you would need a significant reduction in volume and may only need a single treatment. As far as fillers, they are very flexible in the ability to enhance multiple portions of the face at once, so see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to discuss treatment options.  Hope this helps.

Addressing the jawline and double chin

Thank you for your question keycjess. The jawline and double chin are common concerns we address. They can occur due to weight, age, and genetics. Restoring lost volume in the upper cheeks with Voluma, relaxing the muscle that pulls down on the jawline with a Botox Nefertiti lift, and addressing the double chin with Kybella can all improve the definition of the jawline and address the double chin. Often times a combination approach works best. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!