I have red spots on my face as a result of mild acne. Would I benefit from a chemical peel to lighten these spots? (Photos)

I suffered from mild acne, it was not severe by any means, but it did leave me with some red spots and although my skin is healthy and I look after it, it can have an affect on my complexion and how makeup applies. I am considering laser treatment down the track to help with the small ice pick scars and the red spots that are left over and overall just my skin in general, but in the mean time, would I benefit from a chemical peel? Should I consult my doctor for a skin lightening cream?

Red Spots and V-Beam

The V-Beam laser is the gold standard for reducing redness in the face and chemical peels will complement this technology by exfoliating and rejuvenating your skin.  Best, Dr. Green

Chemical Peels are always good for the skin.

Whether you have acne or not, peels are always great to do for the skin but yes, they would help with your skin with acne spots. glycolic or light tca  peels .

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Red marks from Acne

These marks require a laser that targets hemoglobin, such as an Alexandrite laser, KTP, or diode lasers. One or two treatments will lighten them right up.  All the best,   Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Chemical Peel

Thank you for your question. You may benefit from a light chemical peel, which removes the outer layer of skin to provide a light exfoliation. The treatment can be repeated weekly for up to six weeks, and is not going to remove deep wrinkles, dark spotting, or scarring. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon