Absolutely no pain after Coolsculpting. Will it work?

(First, please excuse my french-girl english ;) ) I had Coolsculpting done 7 days ago (lower abdomen and flanks) and since then I've had absolutely no pain at all. Areas treated were swollen and still feel numb but I have no soreness whatsoever, no cramps, no burning or stabbing sensations. Juste a liiiittle itching when in tighter clothes. Does it mean that the procedure won't work for me ? That my body didn't react properly to the procedure ? Thank you ! :)

Little/No Discomfort with CoolSculpting

One of primary reasons consumers choose CoolSculpting is because it is non-invasive and results in no downtime. Your pain response to the treatment will vary, but a lack of discomfort does not indicate that the procedure was performed incorrectly, or that it will be ineffective. Some of our patients have experienced no pain as you have, while others have experienced some soreness and tenderness in the treated area. Regardless, you may begin to see results as soon as 3 weeks, with maximum results around three months. If you have additional questions or concerns specific to your treatment, I recommend you speak with your physician directly, as they will have the most information about your personalized care.

Oak Brook Physician

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

It is normal not to feel pain with coolsculpting. The absent of pain doesn't mean the treatment was not effective.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Thank you for your question. This can be normal. Pain is not always a side effect after CoolSculpting. Most patients experience little to no pain. Hope you enjoy your results!Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

No pain with Coolsculpting

Discomfort after Coolsculpting is not expected. You can obviously tell you had a treatment since you mention some numbness and swelling, so I'd assume that your treatment went well and you should get a nice result.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pain and CoolSculpting

The outcome of the results after a Coolsculpting treatment does not depend on pain. Most people have little to no pain after Coolsculpting.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Little to No Pain with CoolSculpting

The nerve pain some patients experience is a possible side effect, but does not make a difference for the effectiveness of the procedure.  Most people experience little to no pain from the procedure, so that is completely normal.  It is just a possible side effect we try to make patients aware of incase they experience that symptom.  

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

No pain after Coolsculpting

Thank you for your question.  It's great that you are having this experience.  This is the experience that many patients have after Coolsculpting.  Assuming that you are a good candidate and your procedure was performed properly then there is no reason to think that you won't see results.  The swelling and numbness are typical and will resolve over the coming weeks.  Best of luck!

Josh Waltzman, MD, MBA
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and Results versus Hi Definiton Liposuction

Pain is not an indication of CoolSculpting results. CoolSculpting improves the fat but 20% per treatment, and often requires multiple applicators to be used to get contouring and a few treatments. You could have pain and swelling with bruising that can last a few weeks. If you are unhappy with your results consider a vaser hi definition procedure which gives much more contouring and shaping. I suggest a formal consultation with an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Coolsculpting and Pain

The majority of patients have NO pain with Coolsculpting. Coolsculpting does not have to hurt for it to work.  Depending on the area, most parts do not hurt at all.  Also, some patients have more of a bulge or are more sensitive to pain.  You can't tell at all from the amount of "pain" if it works.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD

Coolsculpting

Each patient reacts differently to the treatment. I've had many patients who have had little or no discomfort much like you and have had good results.

Sanjiv Kayastha, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon