After how many Kybella treatments do patients usually start to notice a difference?

I understand that Kybella involves a few treatments that are spaced apart... after how many treatments do patients usually start to notice a difference?

One.  The results most typically are notable starting 1-2 months after treatment, and continue to improve for 3-5 months after treatment.  It first appears to improve on both sides of the neck, below the jowls.  The fat under the chin is the slowest to keep improving.

I have been injecting deoxycholate (aka Kybella) into chin and neck fat for TEN years.  It is a fabulous procedure! There is a bit of art to knowing how to sculpt out the fat, using the proper injection spacing, depth, and volume of deoxycholate....so make sure your injector is well-experienced!

The total number of treatments needed depends on the amount of fat you have in the treatment area. Some people only need one treatment session; others may need four!

How long does it take to see results with Kybella?

Although you will begin to see results after just 1 to 2 Kybella treatments, spaced 1 month apart, it usually takes 2 to 4 treatments to see the effects.  Some may need up to 5 or 6 treatments.  The results continue after the last treatment for another month or so.  Results are permanent.

Ran Y. Rubinstein, MD
200 Stony Brook Court, Newburgh, New York

Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon (ABFPRS)
Fellow American Society forLaser Medicine & Surgery (ASLMS)
Clinical Professor New York Presbyterian Hospital
National Education Faculty (physician trainer) for:
Allergan (Botox, Juvederm, Voluma), Galderma (Scultpra, Restylane, Silk),
Cynosure (Cellulaze, Precision Laser Lift) & Solta (Fraxel, Thermage)
Zeltiq( CoolSculpting)

Ran Y. Rubinstein, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella Results

Results although minimal may be noted after the first treatment.
Typically three to five treatments will be required to obtain significant changes.
Please use this information when consulting in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

When do you see a difference after Kybella?

Hi,
We tell patients that Kybella is a commitment of at least three treatments because you will only see about 10-15% improvement after the first treatment. The great thing is that Kybella is permanent removal of the fat.

Warmly,
Dr.Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella May Work After One or Several Treatments

Kybella uses deoxycholic acid to dissolve the fat in the submental area under the chin. It is a simple procedure that usually takes only about 2-5 minutes to perform. Depending on how much fat you would like to eliminate, and how many vials are injected the first treatment,  one treatment may be sufficient. However, most patients need from two to four treatments to achieve the results they desire. It takes about six to eight weeks to see complete results. Treatments can be spaced apart by one month or more. The results are permanent. Please see a board-certified dermatologist to find out how to get rid of your double chin for good.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella Results in as soon as ONE Month!

One or two treatments done  4-6 weeks often show amazing  results that are  noticable !  Most patients only require 2-3 treatments in our experience and although the healing is quick within the first few weeks, results continue to improve after 4-6 weeks of each treatment.

Ronald Moser, MD
San Juan Capistrano Physician

How Many Treatments?

Thank you very much for your question.

I typically see results after 2 sessions, spaced 6 weeks apart.  After that, I discuss the role for more sessions with each patient on an individual basis.  I recommend you visit with a skilled injector to discuss your options.  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

How many Kybella treatments are needed?

Thanks for the question.  I have treated patients that have seen dramatic results with only 1 Kybella injection.  Other patients need a second treatment to get the desired results.  Some of the patients in the clinical trials have had 4-5 treatments to get the results you can see online.  I don't think that the majority of patients need that many treatments.  I would recommend talking with a certified Kybella injector so they can examine your neck to determine if you are a good candidate and give you some idea of how many treatments might be necessary.  Best of luck!

Josh Waltzman, MD, MBA
Long Beach Physician

Kybella

Thank you for your question, dave728. Kybella is a very effective permanent solution for vanquishing "double chin. Within 2-6 treatments, patients see a tremendous improvement in their "double chin" with Kybella - the only FDA-approved injectable drug to do so. Kybella offers a quick in-office treatment procedural format followed by a minimal recovery time with little to no discomfort.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Destroy Your Chin Fat Quickly!

KYBELLA® is used to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin --often referred to as a double chin .    
1, 2 or 3 treatments might be needed 4-6 weeks apart depending on individual needs,  Results will be noticable from treatment to treatment!

#Kybellafatinjections   #doublechintreatments   #fatinjections