Weight lifting and cardio 1 month after upper Smart Lipo, 2 weeks after lower? (Photo)

It's been 1mnth since upper body procedure lower/upper ab, flanks, arms. Almost 3wks since lower half inner/out thighs, knees, fat trans to butt, subcision. took 1L! Started exercising last wk. Need direction on how much is 2 much. My legs not swelling (like arms occasionally). Still wearing all grmnts. My arm garment 20-24hrs/d, garment for abdomen/lower half worn 24hrs. Should I even lift weights yet? How hard is too hard? I've received info via my surgeon just looking for differing opinions.

Smartlipo recovery.

The great thing about smartlipo is that you can get back to normal very quickly.  We encourage our patients to resume normal activities including exercise as soon as they can tolerate it.  Exercise will help your swelling resolve faster and improve your results.

Cedar Park Family Physician

After Smartlipo i let my patients do everything after 5 days

i don't think weight lifting will cause any problems after Smartlipo provided you wait 5 days. some patients find things like running, where you are bouncing too sore after 5 days and need to wait until they are 10-14 days. however, i don't think they will do any harm. Other patients of mine start running at 5 days - first 3 minutes are sore and then it is fine. weight lifting is fine. good luckdavid berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Exilis Ultra/Cellutone or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

I allow my patients to lift 3-6 weeks after treatment.  Compression, massage and RF treatments help influence the results.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Exercise after Liposuction

I encourage all of my patients to move and exercise as much as possible after liposuction. In your case, however, you had fat transferred to the buttock area, which you don't want to loose. If you expend calories exercising, make sure that you increase your caloric intake to avoid losing the transferred fat. Stretching and toning will help improve your final result.

Post Liposuction--Exercise, Massage

Hi and thank you for your question. In my opinion I suggest doing whatever exercise you feel comfortable with doing. If it starts to hurt, don't do it. I encourage my patients to get up and walk the same day of surgery, increasing the walking as much as they can to slowly getting back into exercise, usually cardio is the best option for swelling purposes but as you feel better you may absolutely get back into lifting weights. I would say hold off on the heavy weights and be reasonable but it is great that you are in the mindset of keeping the body you have post surgery. Best regards, Dr. Berger

Andre Berger, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Cardio will torch your BBL instantly. Don't do it!

Cardio is aimed at fat burning. Guess which fat burns first in the first 3 months after a BBL. That's right. No cardio or dieting for 3 months after a BBL unless you want it to evaporate. Weight training and stretching are OK.