How to treat hyperpigmentation from cyrosurgery?

A dermatologist froze off some brown/yellowish sun/age spots from one of my cheeks about 40 days ago. The area the liquid nitrogen touched looks much darker now. In place of small scattered spots, I now have a continuous solid dark patch stretching wide. They are so prominent now given the size and color. I used the triple topical cream containing Fluocinolone, hydroquinone, tretinoin a few times but it irritated my skin and turned it red. So I stopped. How can I treat the PIH from Cyrosurgery?

Melarase AM and Melarase PM for dark scars

For hyperpigmentation scars, I would suggest Melarase AM and Melarase PM creams followed by light chemical peels and fractional laser. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Time, q switched laser

This will lighten over time but a purple concealer will decrease the appearance. If it persists a medium vi peel or a q switched yag laser can lighten or eliminate the problem

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Hyperpigmentation

Hyperpigmentation will usually get better over time.  I would recommend daily use of sunscreen.  In addition to this you can apply a prescription strength topical hydroquinone cream.

Jerome Potozkin, MD
Danville Dermatologic Surgeon

Time, sunscreen HQ and QSL

Give it time

Use a high factor SPF 50Plus sunscreen

Use a fading agent such as HQ by itself (not a combination cream), or dilute your current cream 

Consider Low energy Q switch 1064 laser 

Cheers
Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
BRISBANE, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Hyperpigmentation after Cryosurgery

To properly answer your question it would be very helpful to know your skin type. it is more difficult to lighten post inflammatory hyperpigmentation  in darker skin individuals. Also, I would like to know the percentages of each of the ingredients of the triple bleaching cream that you were given and what you were washing your skin with. Are you using a moisturizer? Which one?
there are many skin lightening products that can work with time. Some have hydroquinone or kojic acid alone or in combination. Others have that same combination with higher doses of hydroquinone. Tretinoin may be added to hydroquinone and a topical steroid such as triamcinolone can also be an effective addition.
Whatever your skin type is it will take time to get good results.