How Soon Can I Go to Work After Lipo of the Arms and Front Bra Roll?

I got the back bra roll done already and a breast lift but the side boob is there. I work at starbucks no hard labor job so when can I return to work?

Since your work keeps involves no hard labor, you may return whenever you feel up to it. In general, 3-5 days after the operation for office work, and 14 days for more active employment.
As with all operations, pain and discomfort varies greatly from patient to patient. Generally, one should expect that pain medication will be required for the first several days. Continuing discomfort can last varying amounts of time.
Much of the swelling and bruising will be improved by two weeks; however, some will persist for 6 to 8 weeks. It is often difficult to see significant changes in the body shape before this time. If you have any concerns, notify your plastic surgeon.

Within a week

After 4-5 days, most people are able to return to work and gradually increase their activities, but this is variable depending upon the number of sites treated and discomfort tolerance.

Most patients can return to work in a few days after liposuction provided is not strenuous.

Of patients are capable of resuming employment in a few days after liposuction. One should not return until the surgeon has given approval to do so.

Returning to work after liposuction

I tell patients that they should be able to return to work after about 3-4 days. You will likely be sore (like you had a very heavy work-out), but should ba able to do light duty. Most patients actually like being able to get up and move about after liposuction. If you have a desk job, you should count on needing to stand up and walk about a few times during the day. Likewise, if you stand up all day at work, you will want to take some time to sit down and take it easy. Healing after liposuction is an "active" process. It is always a bell shaped curve, so there are a few patients on the extreme end that have a lot of pain for a few weeks, but that is not the norm.

Jennifer Reichel, MD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Return to work after liposuction

You should be able to return to work one or two days after liposuction. It works out best if you can have it done on a Friday. Activity should be light.

Return to work after Small lipo

Hello, you should be fine, try to work on light duty, for the first week  though. Unless your PS do not authorize to do so..  Best Dr. Vega

Ricardo Vega, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and work

Usually you can go back to desk work within a few days after liposuction although you may be a bit sore.

Working After Liposuction of the Arms and Back Bra Roll

Great question. I usually let my patients return to work 1-2 days post op after laser liposuction. It would be best check with your specific surgeon.

Return to work after liposuction

This will depend on the extent of liposuction, your occupation and your general fitness level. In general for small liposuction, you may be OK after 1-2 weeks.

Anindya Lahiri, FRCS (Plast)
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of Bra Roll and Arms

Liposuction of the bra roll and arms may need little time away from work, but evey case is different with regard to amount removed, etc.  You should ask your plastic surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA