Is tear trough treatment worth it? (photos)

I am a 28 year old male. I have tear troughs underneath both my eyes. I am considering some dermal fillers (like Restylane) for the eyes. But first, I would like to know if this treatment is worth it. Do you think eliminating tear troughs will have a big impact on a person's face. If this is something that people striving for perfection would do I would rather not spend any money on it. Please let me know your thoughts.

In the right candidate, fillers such as Restylane under the eyes can have a great impact.

In the right candidate, fillers such as Restylane under the eyes can have a great impact, brightening the eye area and leading to a less tired, more youthful appearance. However, it is important to have an in-person consultation with a board-certified dermatologist to find out if fillers are the right option for you, as dark circles under the eyes can be caused by a variety of factors and treatment needs to be tailored accordingly. Good luck.

Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Tear trough treamtent benefits

Tear trough filler can be a very satisfying treatment for under the eyes, to reduce the tired look, and even to improve the appearance of under eye circles (often a shadow effect to some degree). My preferred filler is restylane or restylane fine lines, although other fillers can be used too. More importantly are the education & skills of your injector to ensure optimal results and safety. Consider seeing a dermatologist or other cosmetic expert physician.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Can make a huge difference

Yes, along with Juvederm Volbella, Restylane is one of my favourite dermal fillers for eye rejuvenation. A tiny bit of filler in the correct location can make a great difference. 

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Restylane in Tear Trough

I have great results by injecting Restylane into the tear trough area.  Based on your photos, you should have a good cosmetic result with an experienced injector.  Best, Dr. Green

Restylane for tear troughs

Restylane and other fillers can make a huge impact underneath the eyes in patients with significant hollowing.  Filling the tear trough can be one of the most cost effective ways to improve someone's look, reducing the look of being tired all of the time.  However, these injections should only be carried out by physicians who are expert injectors since it is an area that is often done incorrectly leading to swelling or visibility of the product under the eyes.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane works well for tear troughs

Thank you for posting your question and photos. It is difficult to determine from your photos if your problem is lower eyelid bags which require tear trough filling or if you have hyperpigmentation of the lower lids which require different methods of treatment. See an experienced eyelid specialist in person for best evaluation and guidance. Good luck.