Can you fix an underbite getting the All-On-4 procedure done?

All-on-4 Dental Implants and Underbite

Yes, in some cases you can. Especially because part of the All-on-4 protocol involves bone reshaping and reduction, which in the mandible, helps bring back the position of the implants. This, in turn, can help realign the relationship between the upper and lower teeth so that the underbite is eliminated. 

Bites can be changed when all teeth being restored/replaced

Without SEEING the case, it is hard to say, but in general, if all teeth are being restored or replaced then the bite can be changed.  Bone volume will be the limiting factor.

Underbite

In most situations if all the teeth are removed the tooth to tooth position can be changed. This has to be tested in a prototype before the final teeth are made.

Wish you all the best

Porbably!

Good question! More than likely if youre a long term denture wearer, resportion in the jaw bone causes you to develop an underbite over time. With All-on-4 treatment, patients in our practice like yourself often can have some of their facial bone loss compensated with the implant-supported teeth. This means that it will likely restore your facial profile to before the bone loss happened, and sometimes that means correcting the underbite!

If youve always had an underbite, it might be more of a skeletal predispositon and might not be corrected with just All-on-4 treatment.

Hisham Kaloti, DDS
Mississauga Dentist

All-on-4 underbite

This depends on how severe your underbite is.  It would help if you could post a profile photo with your mouth closed and teeth in normal bite, and another photo with your teeth touching (normal bite) and your lips grinning.  These would give me an idea as to what correction may be possible.  I hope this helps.

Dr Le

Underbite, all on four

Hi:

In order to give you accurate advice I would need to see profile pictures to see the amount of underbite and X-rays to see the level and the amount of bone.  In general there is a possiblity of handling overbite and underbite issues with all on 4 implants.

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist