What is lipo light and how does it differ from sculpsure or some of the other fat eliminating lasers?

SculpSure vs. Lipo Lite

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

SculpSure is completely non-invasive. In fact, it is the only FDA approved laser for body contouring. Personally, I've found it to be extremely effective on the right patient. Hope this helps. 

Sculpsure

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.

The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks. 

The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.

The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling. 

It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat. 

If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of her patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment. 

I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr Schwartz

#Sculpsure

#RealSelf100Surgeon

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. SculpSure is the preeminent procedure for destroying subcutaneous fat that is difficult to eliminate in the flanks and tummy area through diet and exercise alone. I suggest that you next consult in person with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to ensure that you are an ideal candidate for the procedure.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

What is Lipo Lite and How Does It Differ From SculpSure and Other Fat Eliminating Lasers?

Lipo Lite was a small 1064 nm YAG laser that came out in 2008 to melt fat. It is no longer being sold, probably because it has such limited use. The original Smartlipo was also a 1064 YAG laser with a tiny fiber and was superceded by the combined 1064 and 1320 nm Smartlipo Multiplex and then the Smartlipo Triplex with 1064, 1320 and 1440 nm wavelengths. Actually the 1440 is the only wavelength I use as it is 20 times more effective at melting fat cells than the 1064. These lasers are used underneath the skin in the Smartlipo liposuction method, so all require tumescent local anesthesia and a small skin incision. After the fat is melted it is evacuated with a suction cannula.
SculpSure is completely non-invasive. Applicators are placed on the skin and a 1060 diode laser penetrates to the subcutaneous fat layer while the skin surface is cooled to prevent heat injury. After 25 minutes, the applicators are removed, and the treated fat cells die, release the fat contents which are absorbed and metabolized. The results are seen between six and twelve weeks. For most patients two treatments are recommended, and more are helpful depending on how much fat was present.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Lipolite and SculpSure

LipoLite, along with SculpSure, CoolSculpting, and Smart Lipo Triplex, is a procedure that eliminates stubborn fat through a process called lipolysis, or the destroying of fat cells. LipoLite differs from these other fat-eliminating procedures in that it has not been FDA-approved.

SculpSure uses a diode laser

SculpSure uses a diode laser that targets fat cells.  A laser is a concentrated beam of light of a certain wavelength.  That wavelength determines what absorbs the laser energy.  It is very safe and FDA indicated for non surgical fat reduction, it is the world's first and only laser targeted for this use.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon