Is there something I could do to make this go away? (photo)

I had a Picosure laser treatment on my tattoo 3 days ago. As instructed by the laser technician, I have been using a non-adherent dressing pad and wrapping it with bandage dressing (there is quite a bit of drainage that the pad is helping to absorb). As you can see from the picture, I had quite a reaction to the bandage pad! I'm wondering if this looks like a latex allergy (the pads do contain latex) and what I can do to make it go away?

Is there something I could do to make this go away?

This appears to be an allergy to the bandage as the outline of the irritation matches that of the bandage. It's not an allergy to the laser or anything like that. I'd use a simple antibiotic ointment (provided you're not allergic to that either) and cover with some gauze. Please see your physician for a full evaluation. Good luck, Dr. M

Annapolis General Surgeon

Don't Wait-Call Your Doctor

You need to call your Doctor to have this addressed. This looks like an allergic reaction and needs medical attention. Best, Dr. Emer

Allergic reaction to bandage

This needs attention soon. I do think this is an allergy. Please see your provider today to get treated. The tattoo wound also needs addressing. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD