Infection due to using a mixture of salt and lemon to remove my tattoo. Any suggestions?

Hi , I had a tattoo in my hand and i used salt and lemon mixture together to remove the tattoo as home remedy. I rubbed mixture over the area where i had tattoo. now i think it's penetrating my body over the area very deeply. this might lead to an infection. So, do you have any medicine or suggestion which i can use to avoid it. Please assist me on this . this is very urgent.

Salt and lemon for tattoo removal

The salt/lemon tattoo removal idea is essentially a form of skin abrasion and acid. This won't remove the ink (the ink is much too deep) and will only serve to irritate the skin. Additionally, it may lead to infection or scarring. #lasertattooremoval is the gold standard. It is safe and effective. Best, Dr. M

Annapolis General Surgeon

Time To Call Your Dr.

I'm not sure I completely understand. If you think you have an infection, you should contact your Dr. The gold standard in tattoo removal is laser tattoo removal. It does take a series of treatments, but it's worth it. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer