Am I a good candidate for a breast reduction (photos)

Thinking about moving ahead, my surgeon thinks I am a good candidate but I want a few more opinions. size 32DDD and uncomfortable with my body. Back and neck pain is a factor.

Am I a good candiate for a breast reduction?

HI RP3121,

I think that if you are uncomfortable with the size of your breasts then you could definitely have a breast reduction. When  you see a plastic surgeon, discuss with him/her your goals in reducing your breasts. To relieve you back pain? To have breast that are more in proportion with your body ? Both?  You should discuss where the scars will be and the other risks and complications as well. From your picture, I think that a breast reduction  is not a bad idea.
Hope this helps.
Best ,
Dr. Christine Rodgers

Candidate for Breast Reduction

If your breasts are larger than you desire, then you are a candidate for a breast reduction. Even relatively small reductions like you need result in exceptionally happy patients. Make sure your surgeon is a board certified plastic surgeon and the procedure is done in an accredited facility.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction is a great operation

A breast reduction procedure has one of the highest satisfaction rates of all surgical procedures!  Not only do the women feel better, they look better too.  Neck and back pain are improved and headaches can disappear.  Exercise is easier and clothes fit better.  Almost every woman who has undergone this procedure will say to me afterward "why didn't I do this earlier?"  Go for it, you will not regret it.

Good Luck! 

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Good candidate for breast reduction?

Based on your photos and symptoms, I would say that you are a great candidate for a breast reduction. You might also be a good candidate for a reduction with tissue matrix to help support the breasts long term. It is important to choose an experienced board certified plastic surgeon who can review all of your options with you based on your lifestyle and desired outcome (other than relief from neck and back pain). Best of luck to you!

Dustin L. Reid, MD

Breast reduction

Thank you for your question.  Without an in person consultation , a true determination cannot be made.  Based on the statements of back and neck pain, this does indicate a need for further assessment.  Scheudle a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns and medical issues relkated to the current size of your breasts.  Then together with your surgeon you will be able to create the surgical plan that will best help you.

With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Breast reduction candidate

Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to give you an accurate answer without examining you in person, but from your photos you do appear to be a good candidate for a modest breast reduction.  Best of luck

Candidate for Breast Reduction

A breast reduction involves removing some of the dense and heavy breast tissue, reshaping the breast, and often re-situating the areola and nipple in a better position on the breast.  Typically, women will seek breast reduction to address back, neck and shoulder discomfort, shoulder strap grooves or indents left by bras, difficulty fitting clothing, or difficulty exercising.  

There are many different ways to perform a breast reduction with several options for scar placement and several different ways to keep the blood supply and sensation to the nipple intact. The procedure is often performed as a simply day surgery with minimal time required off work.

A good candidate for breast reduction has the symptoms listed above, has a BMI (body mass index) less than 30, is a non-smoker, and is otherwise reasonably healthy.

Based on your description of your symptoms, and the photos you have shared, you would be a good candidate for a short scar reduction, assuming you meet the other criteria.  Discussion with your surgeon regarding your postoperative goal size will be very important.  Good luck!

Kirsty Boyd, MD, FRCSC
Ottawa Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph and your complaints of back and shoulder pain, you are a great candidate for a breast reduction.  This can dramatically improve your pain and give you  a lifted and perky look to your breasts. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast reduction

Thank you for your question. Based on your symptoms and picture you may be a candidate for breast reduction. Please consult with board certified PS for evaluation

Am I a good candidate for a breast reduction?

It really depends on what size you want your breasts to be.  A breast reduction is intended to significantly reduce the size of your breasts which often dramatically improves related back and neck discomfort.  A breast reduction can also lift the nipple if needed and tighten the surrounding skin.  A breast reduction will not give you an "implanted" look because the skin will stretch out some over time.  Spend some time talking to a board certified plastic surgeon and look at some before and after pictures. 

William L. Reno, III, MD
Hattiesburg Plastic Surgeon