Bellafill in white rol/vermillion border of lips? (Photo)

I have an mildly uneven upper lip. Dr suggested a small amount (less than half a syringe) around the white roll to even out. now I am completely freaking out, I did not realize this treatment was semi-permanent/irreversible. After checking back my doctor advised that this is a practice that is done often and he is very comfortable with it. He also stated he did such a small amount it must be swelling. Am I overworrying? .I am hoping I am still very swollen (not quite 48 hrs post).

Bellafill

Thank you for your question. You are not "overworrying" - many patients are concerned about the aesthetic results of their procedural (surgical or non-surgical) in the hours and days immediately following. The truth is that bruising and swelling are very common for the first 48-72 hours after the procedure, especially involving the lips. For that reason, please remain patient with your recovery and follow your surgeon's recovery instructions carefully. 

Our office does not recommend bellafill for the augmentation of the lips as there are plenty of better and more targeted injectibles for the lip areas. Please always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bellafill for the Lips

Any injection of filler for the lips will entail swelling for a few days after.  Usually it is 7 to 10 days before the swelling is completely gone and it may be longer if a needle was used rather than a cannula.  While Bellafill is not recommended for the lips, I do use it in that location in select individuals and have found it to work great.I hope that helps. Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Lip Injections NYC Volbella

Bellafill is not currently approved for lip augmentation and can last more than five years. If you are unhappy or have side effects it may not be possible to treat. I would advise you to look into Volbella instead. Best, Dr. Green

Lip swelling post fillers

The swelling can last up to 3 weeks. I would not be too afraid as this may just be that. If you are concerned that there was more injected after the swelling does subside, you may have products like saline injected to even the other side out in order to produce a symmetric look. Bellafill is not completely permanent. If you do not trust your physician I would suggest consulting with a cosmetic surgeon who specializes in revision injections. Best, Dr. Berger

Andre Berger, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Lip Swelling After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

Fillers cause swelling for 2-3 weeks. if you are unhappy after you should consider injecting the area with steroids or saline to even out the filler.  Yes bellafill is semi/permanent and is often not used in this area.  Some doctors do however in small amounts.  Best, Dr. Emer.