Is my face too masculine? (Photo)

It's difficult to identify what exactly seems off about me to other people. I know that I'm not disfigured and that I should be thankful, but a large part of me feels inadequate because I know that others don't see who I feel that I am on the inside. Aside from being overweight, is there anything correctable about my features? I know that my nose is a little large, but I get the feeling that the proportions of my face are at fault as well. What's off about me?

Facial feminization

Thank you for your question Alexandra. Looking feminine encompasses a number of things. Facial features and structure are one component, but skin care, feminine dress, makeup, mannerisms, confidence, etc all play a role.

Your face is quite feminine, so I would start by simply building your confidence whether that is by choosing different people to spend time with or otherwise. Aside from this, I would encourage you to highlight your eyes with some makeup. Your eyes are a very feminine feature of your face, so play that up as much as your can.

As far as surgery goes, the main thing I see is that my eye is drawn to the lower third of your face. I can't tell exactly from one photo, but I think mandible (jaw) contouring to reduce the height and width of your jaw as well as a filler such as Juvederm in your lips would reduce some of the subtle masculine features you are referring to.

Best of luck to you,

Sarah Saxon, MD

Dallas Otolaryngologist